Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Personal Arsenal Reviews

--.B.--Fr0stByt3-

Fore-word

I would just like to say before I write this that this is a personal opinion review on some of the weapons I've use in Warframe in my time playing. I started back in the Closed Beta by being one of the lucky few to join during the open beta weekend a few weeks/months before the open beta release. Needless to say I have quite a few weapons and warframes at my disposal, all of which I fully level and use regularly. I love the game very much and hope to play this for the longest time, unlike my other games.

Moving on, this review and the others I put here will be about my use of the weapon,the build I use it with, what warframes and other weapons I think compliment it, and so on. This is NOT to be taken as fact and I would not recommend taking everything at face value until you use the weapon yourself. Different people can find different things about weapons and warframes that they like better than others, so go out and try them yourself if you really want to get a feel for them :)

With that said, Welcome to Fr0stByt's Weapon and Warframe review board!

Introduction

Hello and welcome all to my Warframe and Weapon review board. In this thread and post I will be listing and describing a number of weapons, warframes, and other equipment (Mods, sentinels, etc) That I use, how I use them, and what I think about their use. This is all a matter of personal opinions, so if you want the complete and accurate look for all the gear on here I suggest looking at the Warframe wikia, which has all the stats and information on everything Warframe. If you would like talk, comment, or critique any of my reviews, you are welcome to do so in the following posts. Any tips and additions you would like to see added may also be posted. I have no problem with any of those, and in fact would encourage those sorts of interactions!

Current Arsenal/Table of Contents

Warframes

- Ash (Rank 30)

- Ember (Rank 30)

- Excalibur Prime (Rank 30)

- Frost Prime (Rank 30)

- Nekros (Rank 30)

- Nova (Rank 30)

- Volt (Rank 30)

- Ember Prime (Rank 29)

- Valkyr (Unranked) [Just bought this frame, I haven't had the pleasure of using it just yet.]

Primary Weapons

- Braton Vandal (Rifle, Rank 30)

- Dera (Rifle, Rank 30)

- Dread (Bow, Rank 30)

- Hind (Rifle, Rank 30)

- Snipetron Vandal (Sniper, Rank 30)

- Sobek (Shotgun, Rank 30)

- Soma (Heavy Machine-gun, Rank 30)

- Vectis (Sniper, Rank 30)

- Synapse (Electric Beam Rifle, Rank 25)

Secondary Weapons

- Ballistica (Crossbow, Rank 30)

- Despair (Throwing Knives, Rank 30)

- Dual Vastos (Dual Revolvers, Rank 30)

- Lato Vandal (Pistol, Rank 30)

- Sicarus Prime (Burst Pistol, Rank 22)

Melee Weapons

- Ether Reaper (Scythe, Rank 30)
- Hate (Scythe, Rank 30)

- Dual Ether (Dagger and Short Sword, Rank 25 -1 Forma-)

- Glaive Prime (Chakram, Rank 22)

Sentinels

- Deth Cube (Rank 30)

- Shade (Rank 24)

- Wyrm (Rank 3)

Reviews

The reviews for weapons will be added periodically and won't all be posted at once, I'll bump the topic with edits whenever new ones are added, and if you have any particular weapon or warframe you want to see a review for please comment or message me them, I'll be sure to get to it when I have the chance!

Synapse

Basic Info (without mods)

Primary Weapon

Mastery Level 6

Rifle Type

Continuous Trigger

Firing Rate 13.3

100 round magazine

1.5s reload

Accuracy 12.5

Crit Chance 50%

Crit Damage 200%

No Polarities

Personal Opinion

I've been using this weapon for about 3 days now and I can honestly say it's one of my favorite already. It's fun to use, accurate, and the continuous rate of damage makes enemies fall fast. it doesn't have the puncture, slash, or impact damage scales, so that lowers the number of mods you really need to put on it, so it makes the decision of what mods I want to put on it much easier. With Damage 2.0 in effect, the elemental damages stack a lot better because this does purely electrical damage. My first thought when I got the weapon? "I have to get an Infected Clip!" Why? Well I've been noticing that armored enemies like Grineer are taking a much bigger pounding before finally going down, so something that can hurt them even with the armor is going to help a lot. With just that one mod in there I was already dealing Corrosive Damage, does 75% more damage on Armor and 50% more on Corpus enemies. What this means is that Corpus and Grineer, which are the most common enemies for most, fall down almost instantly. Add on to that the fact I also have a Fire damage mod which increases damage to infest by 50% and Grineer 75% MORE damage to Grinner, and I'm sure you can see why I'm so happy with this weapon.

My Mods and Why

>Maxed Serration

This is pretty much a given for all my rifle weapons. and extra 165% in all damage stats. Perfection.

>Infected Clip (Rank 2)

This applies a Toxic damage to the weapon, which mixes with the weapon's innate Electric damage to give it a total Corrosive damage. The percentiles and number damages stack in the statistics screen to show that the total damage almost triples when the Serration scale is applied. This makes it so my weapon pretty much destroys any Corpus or Grineer enemies, which was my first goal on this.

>Stormbringer (Rank 2)

More Electrical damage on a weapon that already does Electrical damage? In other words, add 45% more to the 165% of the serration. *cough* PLUS 200% DAMAGE, I THINK YES.

>Maxed Point Strike

The mod gives 150% crit chance when maxed, so I kind of went too far on this but the mod was orriginally for my sentinel weapon so it didn't bother me too much. Since the base crit chance on Synapse is 50%, and extra 100% will already raise it to a 100% crit chance, meaning every attack will be a critical hit. That means every attack is doing double damage! I really hope you're keeping track of the numbers, because I lost count at 400% more damage.

>Maxed Wildfire

increases the clip size 20% and adds 60% fire damage. Meaning the clip goes up to 120 instead of 100. Shoot for a little longer, doing big damage. It helps. Then the fire damage which hurts infested a lot more, making this weapon perfect for all kinds of enemies.

Tips

- This weapon is fairly accurate, despite not having a perfect accuracy rating it is still very close, but has a really small range. You're going to have to get pretty close to the enemies to make the electrical beam hit, but trust me you won't have to stay there long because this drops the health bar really fast. Low level enemies don't last a second, while higher level enemies can take about 4 to 5 seconds before finally coming down.

- Due to this being a continuous beam type weapon, it doesn't hit a lot of enemies at once. It's kind of a single target weapon. That means this is a high damage weapon and it's amazing at killing single targets, but the crowd control is really bad. I wouldn't use this for missions like defense or survival, unless you have a side arm that can cover numbers. I'd say a shotgun or automatic type side arm to balance out the single target nature of this weapon.

- Synapse is very ammo hungry, like machine guns and rifles. Since it empties it's clip so fast, you might end up running out of ammo pretty fast. I haven't run into this problem too often, but if you use this weapon a lot or aren't very accurate with your targets I'd suggest adding on an ammo capacity mod or carrying a couple ammo restores.