Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reenactment

Terridaks.

I know that corpus vs grineer gamemode topic has been brought up many times, but I haven't come across any concrete suggestions. Let me give it a try. 

Lore:

Why we are able to play for Grineer or Corpus? Simulacrum is answer. Simaris wants us to recreate famous battles and see how history may have changed. So the name of this type of mission is Reenactmenttm.

Since When Did The Corpus Side With The Grineer? - General Discussion -  Warframe Forums

Gameplay:

Map:

Maps contain two types of key objects;

wSXYGfB2-6o.jpg?size=705x1067&quality=96&sign=121df19a36247a2278922c7d89574230&type=album

Communication towers aka "Command posts".

Command posts provide your team with Controll points.

Each match lasts 15 minutes. The team with the most Control points wins.

You and your team members will respawn at Command posts.

You can also change your class at the Command post.

To capture Command post you must act the same way you would normally act on Interception missions.

Can't interact with console : r/Warframe

Supply DEspensertm. I have no propper image for this, but I can describe it as some sort of console device.

Supply Dispensers are usually placed near Command posts. 

You can only use the Dispensers that are captured by your team. To capture Dispensor you must hack it.

Dispenser will gradually restore hp and ammo of nearby allies. All you have to do is stay close.

Teams:

Up to 6 troopers from each team can be on the map at the same time. Up to 4 of them can be players. 

Places not occupied by players are occupied by NPCs.

Each team has 100 reinforcement points.

Each time an NPS respawns, 1 reinforcement point is deducted from the total pool. Each time player respavns, 2 reinforcement points are deducted from the total pool.

If all team members die and team has no reinforcement points left, it loses.

Standard classes:

Foot-soldier:

Crewman (Dera)/Lancer (Grakata)

Passive: This class captures control points slightly faster then all others.

Active; Grenade throw.

Average speed, average effective health.

Crewman is faster than Lancer, but less resilient.

Engineer:

Machinist (with Detron)/Artificer (with Sobek)

Passive: Only engineers can hack consoles.

Active: Blunt/Vector shield deployment.

Average speed, average effective health.

Assault:

Corpus sniper (with Lanka)/Ballista (with Vulkar)

Passive: Snipers are not displayed on the enemy minicard.

Active: Arc trap/Turret deployment.

Higher than average speed, lower than average effective health.

Special classes:

These classes are only available to those who have accumulated enough kills, plaing standard classes. I won't describe each class in detail, as you already understand the principle.

Heavy:

Tech/Heavy gunner

Commander:

Nullifier/Grineer commander 

Jet-trooper:

Hellion/Ranger 

Objectives:

There are three ways to win this game mode:

You can kill all the enemies.
You can capture all Command posts and finish off the remaining enemies.
You can score more Controll points than the opposing team at the end of the match.

Rewards:

Fun.

What? You still want to grind something? Fine, I think some grineer\corpus themed cosmetics (especially weapon skins), specters and resources would be just fine. 

Edited by Terridaks.
  • Like 1

On 2023-08-30 at 6:43 AM, Terridaks. said:

I know that corpus vs grineer gamemode topic has been brought up many times, but I haven't come across any concrete suggestions. Let me give it a try.

Honestly, the nitty gritty details don't matter to me, I leave that for the devs, they get paid for it. I don't think we need any lore reason to play as either - we didn't with any of the other times, and honestly I hate simulation-style modes like ESO/Index/Circuit; give me the real thing.

Just create a game mode where a bunch of grineer duke it out vs a bunch of corpus, or grineer vs grineer, or corpus vs corpus, and I'm on board. It's not very deep PvP, but it's something. Throw in a mini-arsenal and a little customization and it'll last a lot longer.

I do like your ideas for multiple classes and multiple objectives - things many others have also suggested but which would be very healthy

IMO the main reasons DE is reluctant to make PvP is:

1. Servers (you need dedicated PvP servers, not peer hosting)
  2. Balance (DE sucks at balance)
  3. Post-release love (abandoning it after launch is DE's MO, and for PvP that tends to be especially bad)
  4. General direction (DE just isn't that interested in diving into PvP, they're interested in making content islands)
  5. Lack of support (too much of the playerbase just isn't that interested in PvP either, alas)

Content islands seem to placate everyone, so unfortunately I don't see any kind of shift on the horizon.

• Like 1

2 часа назад, CrownOfShadows сказал:

Honestly, the nitty gritty details don't matter to me, I leave that for the devs, they get paid for it. I don't think we need any lore reason to play as either - we didn't with any of the other times, and honestly I hate simulation-style modes like ESO/Index/Circuit; give me the real thing.

Just create a game mode where a bunch of grineer duke it out vs a bunch of corpus, or grineer vs grineer, or corpus vs corpus, and I'm on board. It's not very deep PvP, but it's something. Throw in a mini-arsenal and a little customization and it'll last a lot longer.

I do like your ideas for multiple classes and multiple objectives - things many others have also suggested but which would be very healthy

IMO the main reasons DE is reluctant to make PvP is:

1. Servers (you need dedicated PvP servers, not peer hosting)
  2. Balance (DE sucks at balance)
  3. Post-release love (abandoning it after launch is DE's MO, and for PvP that tends to be especially bad)
  4. General direction (DE just isn't that interested in diving into PvP, they're interested in making content islands)
  5. Lack of support (too much of the playerbase just isn't that interested in PvP either, alas)

Content islands seem to placate everyone, so unfortunately I don't see any kind of shift on the horizon.

Yeh, I know. Peer hosting will ruin it.

Btw, I can't get back into the game yet, but I check the wiki page periodically. I don't know how up to date the information is, so I wanted to ask: Is Wukong really removed from the conclave? Does Nezha's defensive halo still last indefinitely and do 80 damage per second with a stun?

30 minutes ago, Terridaks. said:

Yeh, I know. Peer hosting will ruin it.

Btw, I can't get back into the game yet, but I check the wiki page periodically. I don't know how up to date the information is, so I wanted to ask: Is Wukong really removed from the conclave? Does Nezha's defensive halo still last indefinitely and do 80 damage per second with a stun?

Ah I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, I don't play conclave

4 hours ago, Terridaks. said:

Wiki is outdated on alot of conclave related information yes. Wukong was  removed from conclave years ago yes. Nezha's halo does more than just 80 dmg to players within a 2m radius and lasts indefinitely only if you take 0 dmg which won't happen in conclave. Join conclave discord server and use the bot in there to show yourself how abilities work in conclave.  If you need help finding out how ping @xghostiex on discord and I'll help you with the bot. Nezhas halo hasn't been complete invulnerability since the rework years ago it's just dmg redirection to halo health. Also Nezha's page on wiki is wrong don't bother looking at it.

Edited by (XBOX)GameGhost123