Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update failed, Could not Update Warframe.x64.exe

Gehirnspaghetti

Trying to download the Hotfix for Abyss of Dagath (Downloaded and played some earlier) and I first see the download going down to this: XNdZ0zp.png

Then I get this error message: ApcTnMk.png

I am launching through Steam on PC, I have never experienced any problems like this before and am a bit stumped on what to do except check the download cache, restart my PC and try to launch the game as admin (no idea how to do that with steam games, imma just try to launch the .exe as admin i guess).

• Like 1

Try to do these steps, maybe it could help:

1. Restart the PC (because why not)
  2. Disable any antivirus
  3. Go to your steam library, select warframe, click "properties"
  4. Go to the 3rd category ("installed files" or something like that)
  5. Check gamefiles integrity
  6. After that, try to run again warframe and let it update, if is not working check the file integrity inside the warframe launcher

Hope it helps!

(I hate avast...he does weird things sometimes xd)

Edited by DeadlyGamble
some typo

I had the same problem today.  Launcher just disappeard. Avast put it in quarantine. I was not able to restore it for some reason or delete it. But I was able to "extract" it (I am not sure if it is correct word for this action, I'm not using english in my home). I had to manually put it to right folder and it worked. For one time. Before that I was reinstalling game 3 times but it couldn't finish. With launcher extracted back to right folder it finished installation and I was able to launch the game. But after exit when I was trying to launch it again it was just like from first post. Again avast. So I just uninstalled avast and it is working again, but I think I should reinstall game again, because something in not quite ok. Every time I have notification from user control and the game is shuting down suspiciously slow.

Edit: I don't think checking gamefiles integrity will work. I can't do that and it is said that "Content updates and file management via Steam are unavailable".

Edited by 3dD1e

Outside of allowing the file by either name or path directly (excluding the directory from real-time scanning or detection), y'all can also report the false positive here: https://www.avast.com/en-us/false-positive-file-form.php#pc . Anti-virus programs have heuristics and analysis that sometimes treat "unseen" programs, or ones that operate in specific ways, as malicious, even when they're not. I'm pretty positive DE is not distributing anything malicious, and systemic scanning sites show their applications are fine (https://www.herdprotect.com/signer-digital-extremes-ltd-0b43b6694667f67e5e143300565180c1.aspx) . IDP Generic, which is what I've seen this reported as, is just generic identity protection - Avast tends to be overzealous when seeing a new file, and is cautious about letting the user run it, so it classifies it as such.

It's also possible that this has already been updated in their definitions database, so I'd update your software according to this guide: https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Update-Antivirus/#pc