The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So the new pet rework

(PSN)civic-cabin4

Question

Okay so the new pet rework how is it for everyone I wanna ask now since all pets are immortal and stronger/ last longer what's the "meta" pet now it used to be vulpaphyla if that was correct or smeeta kavats what are meta pets now I haven't seen any videos yet talking about this or if there Is I'll look later but I wanna know what are your thoughts on meta pets now and what companions are viable now like are they all good or just some are better than others? like I have a panzer vulpaphyla and now I wanna change my pet to something different since this rework and I want to see what will be good for steel path and endurance runs or just general use 

5 answers to this question

Honestly panzer will still probably be the best, it has AoE viral procs, has the best health orb generation for equilibrium via synth deconstruct, and has really good defensive utility in hunter synergy with spores for constant health regen and martyr symbiosis for a health gate. That said the other options are much closer, Ive been liking wyrm prime so far, wyrm basically gives status immunity via negate and is a good candidate for reinforced bond with its high base shields giving you a 60% fire rate buff, nautilus has a very good grouping ability so will probably be good with verglas plus contagious bond tho unfortunately as of rn DoTs that get spread dont deal any damage but if that gets fixed I see it being a decent dps option. Adarza is a very good buffer, with tenacious bond it can now give a huge crit damage buff on top of its flat 60% crit chance buff so I can see adarza a lot of use. Moas and hounds I cant speak too much for but Im sure they are fine probably more so moas, and of course smeeta is gonna be even better now since charm will have much more uptime. And all kubrows will be decent since there will be much more uptime on the mecha set now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)warfare3376 said:

Honestly panzer will still probably be the best, it has AoE viral procs, has the best health orb generation for equilibrium via synth deconstruct, and has really good defensive utility in hunter synergy with spores for constant health regen and martyr symbiosis for a health gate. That said the other options are much closer, Ive been liking wyrm prime so far, wyrm basically gives status immunity via negate and is a good candidate for reinforced bond with its high base shields giving you a 60% fire rate buff, nautilus has a very good grouping ability so will probably be good with verglas plus contagious bond tho unfortunately as of rn DoTs that get spread dont deal any damage but if that gets fixed I see it being a decent dps option. Adarza is a very good buffer, with tenacious bond it can now give a huge crit damage buff on top of its flat 60% crit chance buff so I can see adarza a lot of use. Moas and hounds I cant speak too much for but Im sure they are fine probably more so moas, and of course smeeta is gonna be even better now since charm will have much more uptime. And all kubrows will be decent since there will be much more uptime on the mecha set now.

Yeah I think panzer might be still on top but the others are more viable now but I think I should should go for adarza kavat since I have a crit weapon and critical buff will now be useful to me now since they can't die

It's borderline OP honestly.

The new Bond mods have no limit to how many you can equip.

Dethcube just farts out energy like nobody's business and essentially removes the need for energize if you use Equilibrium.

Wyrm negating Status effects.

Helios, Kubrows, Kavats and Hounds CAN ALL ARMOUR STRIP NOW.

Nautilus grouping is useful.

Honestly, the new Bond mods and self revival is what makes Companions insane now. There's also no reliance on Animal Instinct now too, leaving more space for other useful mods.

Generally my goto for Companion/sentinel mods, Synth fiber and Deconstruct, Spare Parts, Primed Regen (or similar), Duplex Bond, the Bond that works with health orbs (Can't remember the name), Vacuum, then whatever other precepts will be useful for that sentinel or robit.

In all honesty, sentinels have now become the best companions. Sure charm Smeeta is useful, but sentinels have way more uses, AND can force drop extra loot.

48 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

The new Bond mods have no limit to how many you can equip

This lmao. I was really expecting to only be able to equip one just by the sheer nature of all of them being named "bond" but I guess I can run around with 4 helios with verglas that also do void damage now. why kill demolishers myself when my companion cn do it, right? LUL