The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There needs to be a toggle to disable Ordis's random chatter, it interferes with UI elements

Hexerin

The toggle for "Hint Transmissions" is not a valid option, as that disables EVERYTHING, FROM EVERYONE, INCLUDING MISSION OBJECTIVE TRANSMISSIONS, not just the completely random chatter Ordis has while you're in your Orbiter. We need a toggle that is SPECIFICALLY JUST THE RANDOM CHATTER OF ORDIS IN THE ORBITER.

Here's a new example of the issue:

Spoiler

6689ca07af41831fe7a83b010489d92a.jpg

Here's another example from last month, which shows another of the many UIs that Ordis's transmissions interfere with:

Spoiler

It's beyond time that this issue was fixed, especially considering it's been requested for several years by numerous people and is something that is not hard to fix.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 2

I never turned off Hint Transmissions, but from your description, it seems more like an option to tape his mouth lol.

For Ordis transmissions in mission, I dont think Ordis appears that often in mission - its Lotus thats mostly doing transmission mission.

The only in mission Ordis transmission i can think of is in Disruption, but thats only temporary because LD is the one guiding the entire Disruption.

Maybe give more example for in mission Ordis transmissions? Because your examples are both not in mission.

Edited by SolStreak
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, SolStreak said:

I never turned off Hint Transmissions, but from your description, it seems more like an option to tape his mouth lol.

For Ordis transmissions in mission, I dont think Ordis appears that often in mission - its Lotus thats mostly doing transmission mission.

The only in mission Ordis transmission i can think of is in Disruption, but thats only temporary because LD is the one guiding the entire Disruption.

Maybe give more example for in mission Ordis transmissions? Because your examples are both not in mission.

I think you misunderstood what I posted.

0c945e0fd0ec3abea77e0591602a38dd.png

This option in the sound settings disables every transmission. Lotus's transmissions about the mission objectives. Little Duck's transmissions about Disruption objectives. Etc.

It also, as of a hotfix or two ago, disables Ordis's chatter in the orbiter.

However, that is not useful. I want to disable Ordis's chatter in the orbiter. I don't want to disable mission objective transmissions.

Do you understand now?

23 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I think you misunderstood what I posted.

0c945e0fd0ec3abea77e0591602a38dd.png

This option in the sound settings disables every transmission. Lotus's transmissions about the mission objectives. Little Duck's transmissions about Disruption objectives. Etc.

It also, as of a hotfix or two ago, disables Ordis's chatter in the orbiter.

However, that is not useful. I want to disable Ordis's chatter in the orbiter. I don't want to disable mission objective transmissions.

Do you understand now?

Oh my bad then, I might've misremembered.

• 4 weeks later...