Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Damage 2.0

ForumSmurf

please don't move this to the player help player section. You did that to my other 2 questions on how the mod Fired Up works and how multiplicative order works for additional impact damage not being multiplied by elemental damage and after 5 days there was still zero answers. Player help player section is for common beginner noob questions on how to do stuff not advance mathematical mechanics of the game so please don't its annoying. 

Anyways so i wanted to know how charged damage works. Does it get split between the three stats proportional to how its regular swings are? If not how will mods like sundering strike work where it boasts puncture 60%.

How does that work for melee charged damage.

Are elemental damage base on charge damage or base normal damage on a charge swing? 

Are charge damage mods like killing blow still additive or multiplicative?

Do mods such as killing blow affect elemental damage now?

Do these mathematical changes at all further affect the disparity between normal and charge damage balance?

Edited by ForumSmurf

Not even trollling, but this needs to be moved to Player help Player, not stay in discussion.  You are asking questions, not forming a discussion.

The payer help player section has at most 5 players answer questions and i dont mean to offend but they don't know a dam thing when it comes to any mechanics of the game at all. They only respond to noob questions regarding how to get your ui to work properly, where is this boss located. Im sorry but your just being very mean to earnestly think that my question will be answered in that deserted section. 

Edited by ForumSmurf

I'm going to say I haven't done tests for melee, period. I've just been focusing on elemental tests.

But you're probably going to have to test this one yourself if no one else does. Because a lot of them are veeeery specific.

I can tell you how I'd probably test it. Pick your favorite faction, infested are probably ideal for this but that's up to you.

Whatever stage you pick, don't switch up. Go solo. Stick to that stage and that weapon for consistency. Save time, start aborting.

Start by setting your baseline, no mods, charge attack a few infested to make sure you know how much damage it does on base charge. Keep this number. Then start answering your questions 1 by 1.

Does it get split between the three stats proportional to how its regular swings are? If not how will mods like sundering strike work where it boasts puncture 60%.

First add nothing but your best Pressure point. And then charge, see what happens. Keep the number. Abort.

Then add nothing but your best killing blow. Then charge on a few, see what happens. Keep the number. Abort.

If there was no difference between the Pressure Point charge attack and the unmodded Charge attack, then you'll know adding overall damage doesn't do anything.

Next, try adding nothing but Sundering Strike (or Rending Strike if you want to see a bigger difference). Go in, charge on a few. If there was no difference between that charge attack and the unmodded one, then you'll also know that adding overall SPECIFIC damage doesn't do anything either.

Are elemental damage base on charge damage or base normal damage on a charge swing?

This one should be obvious. Add your favorite elemental damage.

Then on one test add pressure point to it.

On the other test add killing blow to it.

On another one, add them both (because elemental damage IS initially based on overall damage).

Are charge damage mods like killing blow still additive or multiplicative?

You'll probably figure this out from first tests.

Do mods such as killing blow affect elemental damage now?

This feels like the same exact question as above.

If you do this, then you can report back to this discussion with results for everyone :D