The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greetings Tenno! Newbie And Lost!

Hilom

Hello everyone. Hope you can shed light to a lost warrior.

I have just install the game last night and I have been playing for a couple of hours. I have read Damage 2.0 and I can say I understand it pretty well. I have a pretty good understanding with the skills and the mods and fusions now. Though I have this uneasy feeling that there is something essential that I don't know.

I am currently playing Loki, Braton, Lato, Skana. So here are my questions:

1. What is transmutation for?

2. Any general suggestion on how a newbie should progress? I'm currently Level 10 and in Venus but I'm not seem to be strong enough for Corpus. Should I stay in Mercury for a while?

3. Any general suggestion for a newbie Loki's equipment (weapon/mods/melee/etc)

4. If I progress Loki until level 30 and I get Rank 2 then I get Ash. Would the Ash starts at Level 1? (I think it should but that means I cant equip my mods in Loki because they will require slots/constraints)

I know its quite a lot so any comment/suggestion would be much appreciated.

1) Transmutation is like a slot machine where the prize is a better mod.

2) I suggest backtracking and playing more of the survival and defense missions because getting more mods and XP will make progression much easier and help you make yourself more powerful. So yes, stay in Mercury for a while. I also suggest finding a clan. There is a recruitment section here on the forums. As for facing corpus, remember that they will have different weaknesses than the grineer so what slaughters one might just irritate the other. So experiment.

3) Loki is the master race of frames, but there's a reason the thing says he's desired by advanced players. For a newbie I'd say play to your advantages and compensate for your weaknesses. This means up your speed (Rush mod) and up your shields/health until you get some duration mods (continuity, constitution, narrow minded) that will allow you to prolong your god mode (invisibility)

4) Yes, every new piece of equipment starts at level one.You have to level it up to make room for the mods you have on your loki. Which youll also be fusing up over tome to make them stronger

1) Transmutation, to me, feels mostly like a money sink. Basically you take four cards, and you pay some cash to spit out a completely different card. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Transmutation for more informatoin on it. 

I can't really help with 2 or 3, so someone else will have to answer those. 

4) That is correct, the level of each warframe is separate. Like I have... five frames, three are maxed, one is at 29 and the other is completely un ranked, you're also correct about the cards being unable to be equiped on your frame because of slot/energy constraints. Though, once your frame gets to a higher level and you have enough "Mod capacity" to equip it, you'll be able to equip it without de equiping it from your previous frame.

Yes, your Ash would be unranked when you get him. You also don't get any stronger just by leveling up you need to get mods to make your weapons stronger. Ranking up your Warframes and weapons will raise your overall mastery in the top left, allowing you to build better weapons. If you need help, add me to your friends list. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have and give you some basic mods to help you out.

how to catch up in this game:

1a. join a clan and ask for a world tour in exchange for your love, soul, and obedience

1b.ask for help in either region or recruiting channel and say "need taxi to kappa, sedna"

2. leech(safely, your probably can't do anything so just play it safe and stay near your party members but away enough to not get shot/exploded)

3. use the mods you get from that mission to upgrade your lv30 lato/braton.(you level up really fast in this mission and mods will drop everywhere)

4. work on getting better equipment and then move onto cyath(on eris) or kiste(on ceres)

5. repeat 2-4 till mastery 7 with all weapons you can make till then

weapons that you might want to work towards:

a hek forma'd 4 times(4 star hek) modded for high puncture and blast damage(for corrupted) @mastery 4

a 5 star ignis(this game's version of the lazy gun that kills everything with little effort/aiming) @mastery 4

a set of throwing knives(any will do)

dual zorens(for flying)

frames you might want:

loki once u manage to get all 3 duration mods and some energy management mods so he can remain invisible and unchallenged 90% of the time.

rhino since he's the jack of all trades when it comes to survivability, AoE damage and crowd control.

you can almost always count on having a frost, vauban, or nyx on missions where you will need them. there's also a really good chance your party will have a few rhinos or novas too.

Edited by lkkie