The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on Changes to Azima's Disk Functionality in Warframe

thomypau

Dear Warframe Development Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to share some detailed feedback regarding the changes made to the Azima's disk functionality and their impact on gameplay in Patch: Update 32.1 (2022-11-02): "Changed the Azima’s Alt-Fire disc maximum duration to 30 seconds."

The adjustment limiting the disk duration to 30 seconds was made in response to discouraging AFK play, a measure I understand. However, this change inadvertently eliminated the diverse and creative builds players previously enjoyed exploring with the Azima, particularly the one utilizing 99.75% ammo efficiency to create extended disk durations, often exceeding 5 minutes.

Furthermore, alongside this alteration, there appears to be an existing bug tied to the weapon's ammo efficiency. When the Azima reaches 100% ammo efficiency in "disk mode" it currently Functions as if it were at 0%. (I assume this was done to prevent an infinite disk duration.)

I propose a more balanced approach that involves capping the weapon's ammo efficiency at a reasonable percentage, such as 90% or lower, as deemed suitable by the development team. This adjustment would permit longer disk durations without enabling excessively prolonged periods that previously encouraged AFK behavior. Additionally, addressing this ammo efficiency cap would inherently resolve the bug associated with the Azima when it reaches 100% efficiency.

Considering that the Azima is more inclined towards being a fun gimmick rather than a potent endgame tool, this adjustment could preserve its entertaining aspect while preventing unintended AFK gameplay.

I appreciate the team's dedication to maintaining game balance and fostering engaging gameplay experiences. I firmly believe that these suggestions would help strike a better balance between preserving the weapon's unique mechanics and addressing concerns related to prolonged AFK play.

I Really like the Azima's design, and I earnestly wish to see it maintain its unique appeal. Therefore, as someone who genuinely admires this weapon, I would greatly appreciate it if these proposed changes could be considered for implementation.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and for continuously striving to enhance the Warframe experience for all players.

Warmest Regards, \(^-^)/

Thomypau

It's truly unfortunate. The Azima is such a cool and fun weapon to use.

However, the capped duration really kills any creative builds you could do. ( • ᴖ • 。)

Nevertheless, I haven't lost hope that DE might reconsider.

Edited by thomypau
Formatting

• 3 months later...

Bump - Agreed! They should just allow creative gameplay, even if that includes some AFK builds. Where is the harm in that? It's not like Warframe is some competetive PvP game, you don't need to impose artificial restrictions and limitations on everything.  And regardless, with the lack of power of the Azima, you won't be able to automate a lot of relevant content with that. It's simply neat and QoL against say nullifier bubbles.

Even if you wanted to nerf the infinite scaling with ammo efficiency, simply do that, rather than creating that 30 seconds limit. You should be able to maximize the duration using -fire rate and magazine size mods up to 60~90 seconds through natural modding. You can't tell me that a 90 seconds Azima in any way breaks the game.

Edited by Traumead
  • Like 1