The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dumpstered Riven Slots after account merge, massive loss of plat

AbyssalHorror

I merged my PC account as a primary with my old PS account, and my PC account was at max Riven capacity of 180 Rivens.  My PS account had 84 Riven slots on it, which means I paid for 69 of them (over 1300 plat), and after the account merge I am still at 180 max capacity.  The Rivens transferred, but not slots, so essentially the account merge caused the evaporation of a large amount of plat into thin air, from the console which had no coupons for plat price.  Nothing in the Merge FAQ stated this would happen.  I am not sure what I expected, but it is a little hard to swallow that 1300+ plat was basically thrown in the garbage.

Edited by AbyssalHorror
  • Like 5

When you get extra riven slots from daily tribute and you're already at the cap of 180, those slots are held in stasis until the cap increases, at which point you recieve them. I have no way to tell you for sure, but maybe your slots over 180 are subject to the same effect?

If they raise the cap to, say, 200 at some point, you might find you automatically get the new slots without paying for them. Don't take my word for it until a DE staff member or support confirms that though.

As I understand things, bought riven slots are held like an owned item, but hidden. As in, you can technically own more than the cap, but the cap limits your access to them. There also isn't any visibility on how many you have past the cap anywhere. I'm only guessing, but if the merge adds riven slots together appropriately, you're probably just invisibly holding those additional 69 or so slots. Hopefully. Good luck.

Edited by Nobodys-Perfect

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Nobodys-Perfect:

When you get extra riven slots from daily tribute and you're already at the cap of 180, those slots are held in stasis until the cap increases, at which point you recieve them. I have no way to tell you for sure, but maybe your slots over 180 are subject to the same effect?

If they raise the cap to, say, 200 at some point, you might find you automatically get the new slots without paying for them. Don't take my word for it until a DE staff member or support confirms that though.

As I understand things, bought riven slots are held like an owned item, but hidden. As in, you can technically own more than the cap, but the cap limits your access to them. There also isn't any visibility on how many you have past the cap anywhere. I'm only guessing, but if the merge adds riven slots together appropriately, you're probably just invisibly holding those additional 69 or so slots. Hopefully. Good luck.

I tried that. I bought additional riven slots but it did not fix the capacity issues.

2 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

I tried that. I bought additional riven slots but it did not fix the capacity issues.

How many additional riven slots did you have on each account before the merge, and how many afterward? If you were hitting the capacity cap of 180 I'm not sure how you'd buy more.

The way this is phrased leads me to think it may be a different issue.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Nobodys-Perfect:

How many additional riven slots did you have on each account before the merge, and how many afterward? If you were hitting the capacity cap of 180 I'm not sure how you'd buy more.

The way this is phrased leads me to think it may be a different issue.

Sorry maybe it is a different issue . My problem is that I have 3 different accounts with their own riven mods. It is impossible for me to find out how many I had since I already did the merge. Fact is that all 3 accounts together could never reach the cap of 180. But I don’t know how many each account get by default. And I bought additional riven slots here and there.

i thought that wenn I merged that all riven slots with their riven will be combined.

6 minutes ago, ChillZi said:

My problem is that I have 3 different accounts with their own riven mods. It is impossible for me to find out how many I had since I already did the merge.

So each account starts with 15 base riven slots, and if you get to MR 30, you get another 30 slots for a total of 45. So each account merged would have either 15 or 45 slots that presumably won't transfer.

We know the MR 30 slots are handled in a similar way to the basic slots (the cap is 150 pre MR 30) and you can't buy those slots.

I can't tell you whether anything has gone wrong or not, unfortunately, but hopefully this info helps figure it out.