The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Serious Cross Platform Save Concerns

(PSN)PrettyGandalf

Hello to all. 

I am eagerly waiting for tomorrow for the general cross-save stress test to merge my two accounts, PC and PS5. I have concerns and doubts in doing the cross-save merge though, after reading a lot of forum posts this evening. Before addressing my concerns, here are some information regarding my two accounts:

PC Account:

-Account Name: PrettyGandalf

-Account Creation Date: October 9, 2017

-Mastery Rank: 14

-Linked to Twitch: PRETTYGANDALFF

PS5 Account:

-Account Name: PrettyGandalf - on the forums it shows as (PSN)PrettyGandalf as seen above - 

-Account Creation Date: June 3, 2022

-Mastery Rank: 21

-Linked to Twitch: PRETTYGANDALFF

As you can tell, my PC account is way older than the PS5 account. Regarding eligibility, I see no obstacle considering both the account creation dates are suitable. However, as you can tell, both of the accounts are connected to the same Twitch account. It has been a long while since I logged in to the PC account, so I have no clue if the Twitch drops have been duplicated in that account as well. For the sake of coherence and ease of readability, here are my main concerns:

- I have NOT "Linked" the two accounts together, but they are connected to the same Twitch account. Would this cause any problem with the "Merge"? 

- I have read from many forum posts that trading is significantly impaired among players who do the cross-save merge and others do not. Does this mean the players who do the cross-save merging procedure will only be able to trade with the players who do like them? Will there be universalisation of accounts so that everyone can trade with everyone at some point? How long will/could that take if that's the case? 

-I'm Turkish and my PC account is using the Turkish Lira and the Turkish rates for Platinum prices, due to condition of the local economy. I got my PS5 online which came from Italy a while ago and hence the store/account uses the Euro as the currency with PSN Euro Platinum prices, which are drastically different. For instance the 4300 Platinum + Triple Rare Mod Pack:

- In Turkish local prices is 855 Turkish Liras - 26.61 Euro in the current exchange rate - this is subject to change daily, Turkish economy is just a little bit janky at the moment- 

- In European prices is 4820 Turkish Liras - 150 Euro in the current exchange rate. (That is %563 more expensive) The current minimum wage here -which almost 40% of population is subject to- is around 11.402,32 Turkish Liras (355 Euro) per month for context. As icing on the cake, the PSN Store offers 3120 Platinum for that pack rather than 4300. The latter 4300 Platinum pack doesn't even exist in the PSN Store.

I was wondering if -hopefully- when I merge my accounts, would I finally be able to use the correct pricing for my economic conditions in my country? (Considering that the main account will be the PSN account, as I do not own the PC anymore.) In other words, is it going to be possible to purchase Platinum for my merged account(s) from the Warframe website like you could do for PC accounts, with the appropriate pricing? And yes, even if I change the pricing region and currency of the PSN account itself, the prices do not shift much, and they are still incomparable to PC players in my pricing region.

PS: I understand this might sound unfair for some people, but these kind of price adjustments makes the game more accessible and allow players from less economically fortunate geographies to contribute to the game, community and developers. What might be cheap for you might be barely affordable for others.

If anyone could shed some light onto any of these, I'd really appreciate it. If you have any idea or speculation, I would love to hear it as well. Also, if you have any questions regarding the matters above, I'd be happy to clarify. 

Thanks Tenno!

• Like 2