Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I Reset/restart, Or At Least One Shot Chop Fools Again?

tiiiym

Question

I started Warframe a year ago and pumped in maybe 12 hours.  It was fun, but missions seemed repetitive and grinding seemed too slow in order to present me with new entertaining things so I stopped.  Time and changes have occurred, and now I want to restart with a different starting Warframe.  Is it posible to restart?  Am I absolutely forced to spend real world money if I ever want to try a different Warframe on my current account?  Will I ever again be able to use a charged melee strike to one shot slice enemies in half?!!

Melee used to be SO satisfying! The reason I pumped a dozen hours into this game was entirely because I could run around and slice fools in half with a single charged swipe from my sword.  It was unbelievably satisfying for me, but now that seems dead and gone.  Now Grineer yell giberish and seem so angry and less amusing.  It also seems like the number spawn rate has increased to make a solo playthrough less satisfying.

I do appreciate the ability to toggle sprint, croutch and more easily map a controller.  I do miss being able to melee in the direction I'm facing, though.

I'm willing to pay a little bit of money to add in new flavor, but it's impossible to test run any equipment or warframes and I'm so bad at making decisions even with information.  I remember something about being able to forge weapons and warframes from drops I find in game, but the drop rate must be extremely slow if it does happen.  Do I have to make a new account to start over?  I don't even remember what planet to go to next.  I think Saturn was the last planet system I was on, because I only got to the second or third system.  I think before I could click an arrow to go to the next system, but now the map seems so small with no semblance of a forward path.

Seriously, why can't I one shot chop these foos no more!!?

2 answers to this question

I think the account reset option was removed. If you want a different character, look up what boss drops the components to build it and make it using in-game resources. It's all on the wiki.

As for the melee, it's because the starter sword (the Skana) doesn't scale well with higher level enemies. Go for the Galatine if you want to one-shot charge attack enemies in half.