Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

switch trade chat and cross trade plat restriction

Taipan20

please add an option in the settings or a special filter in trade chat on switch to block/hide all non switch player msgs since switch players cant cross trade plat with any non switch players.

disabling cross platform setting in settings doesnt work it doesnt show anyone online in any of the channel chat boxs

Edited by Taipan20
edit text
  • Like 1

As a former Nintenno myself, I wanted to stop by to give my humble support to this.

I also think the restrictive rules regarding plat trading is mostly on Nintendo's side, but it's still an issue that the market on this particular platform has become widely unfair for Switch players.

If it's not possible to allow cross trade with platinum, a platform filter for chat or Maroo's would help a little bit to find a match. I barely found anyone with the console's icon in Trade Chat now, plus they're easy to miss.

Best that can be done for now from my perspective is to avoid NSW for trading in general, make at least a PC account when x-save's available again (even if it's for that sole purpose on low performance setups) and start fresh getting plat there... aaan that's such a lame patch solution as Switch's economy will still be ruined. It's just ignoring the elephant in the room. 😅

Please DE, give your Nintennos a little aid at least.

BONUS INFO: Discount coupons are also locked on Switch if you receive one there. So if you're low on plat there, be aware on where you perform your daily login so you don't miss it!