Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Mode Ranking

Let's rank some game modes, SHALL WE. Here's my rankings, based on what I enjoy playing the most (not what I play the most):

1. Disruption
  2. Void Cascade
  3. Iso Vaults
  4. Railjack Skirmish
  5. Archon Hunt
  6. Assassination*
  7. Kuva Survival
  8. Profit Taker
  9. Infested Salvage
  10. Arbitration
  11. Alchemy
  12. Exterminate
  13. Capture
  14. Eidolon Hunt & Tridolon
  15. Void Flood
  16. Spy
  17. Rescue
  18. Mirror Defense (Sanctum)
  19. Archwing Missions*
  20. Interception
  21. Ghoul Purge
  22. Conjunction Survival
  23. Mirror Defense (Citrine)
  24. Exploiter Orb
  25. Iso Vault Arcana*
  26. Netracells
  27. Survival
  28. Mobile Defense
  29. Excavation
  30. Defection
  31. Arena (Sedna)
  32. Defense
  33. SO & ESO
  34. Railjack Volatile
  35. Void Armageddon
  36. Kahl Missions
  37. Thermia Fractures
  38. Railjack Orphix

This was surprising tricky to order, I ended up asking myself "would I rather" a lot. Everything from 1-20 I will willingly play to varying degrees. Everything from 21-38 I avoid to varying degrees, roughly in line with their rankings, unless I need gear or items from them, or otherwise can't avoid them.

Some notes about what's included and what's not:

Spoiler

Did not include variations of missions like the Circuit, Nightmare, Fissures & Voidstorms, Sorties and Taxijack, but I did give Arbitration it's own category even though it's basically a variation too... but it felt right to do so. Did not include bounties in the open worlds as that's rather a subject in itself. However, I did include Arcana missions which are in a gray area there. Assassination varies extremely wildly, all the way up and down the scale. Some assassinations are at the bottom of this list, others are near the top. I placed it as high as the highest ranking example I could think of, but really assassinations would need their own ranking scale. Also, Profit Taker felt unique enough that I gave it it's own category, and same for Archon Hunts (the final mission) and Eidolons & Exploiter, basically "assassination" here is more like starchart bosses, everything from Vay Hek to Effervo 60 Eyes. Did not include events like Dog Days. Did not include Conclave modes. I split the two Mirror Defense variants into their own categories because they seem independent enough. I combined all archwing mission types into one category because they all feel the pretty much the same. I debated on including mastery rank tests but left them out in the end. Left out all quest-specific modes.

Some of these also vary considerably by environment, faction and lots of other variables, even your squad can change your enjoyment of a mode quite a bit.

I don't think I forgot any modes but let me know if I did.

A few things I feel like mentioning:

• Survival has fallen out of favor with me rather dramatically over the last year or so, I now deeply dislike it, but note that Kuva Survival remains quite high.
  • Infested Salvage is very underrated I feel like. I wish it was in more general rotation, I enjoy it whenever I play it, but that's not very often. It's definitely my least played-highest rank if that makes sense.
  • Railjack Skirmish rates very highly with me, but it still suffers from some notable negatives. I love flying my railjack.
  • Alchemy, while I'm not very enthusiastic about it overall, I still enjoy it more than many standard mission types.
  • The last 5 mission types I will never play unless forced to (for gear)

I'm curious what your rankings might be, or what your top 5 and bottom 3 are.