The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGuard Two Factor Authentication questions from a PS5 user.

I'm a PSN account who has recently become a Cross-Save account, so right now I can't trade.  It sounds like I need to activate 2FA to be able to trade again, but before activating something I may not be able to take back, I want to make sure I understand what I'm getting into.

1. From reading the FAQ (https://www.warframe.com/2fa-faq) it sounds like the actual 2FA process only affects PC logins.  Can any PSN users confirm that when they activated TennoGuard 2FA it didn't cause any extra hassle logging in to their PSN game?

2. Does this impact forum logins as well, or just the PC game?

3. It sounds like the 2FA process only needs to occur once on a PC, and then never again on that PC.  Is that correct?

4. If there's anything else you think I should know about the process, please share!

Thanks so much for your help!  I got burned pretty bad when becoming a Cross-Save account so now I'm trying to be extra cautious.

1. From reading the FAQ (https://www.warframe.com/2fa-faq) it sounds like the actual 2FA process only affects PC logins.  Can any PSN users confirm that when they activated TennoGuard 2FA it didn't cause any extra hassle logging in to their PSN game?
Sorry, I'm not a PSN user so with this specific point I can't help.

2. Does this impact forum logins as well, or just the PC game?
The 2FA from TennoGuard only affects the game (I wish the forum and main website did have a form of 2FA, but that's another topic).

3. It sounds like the 2FA process only needs to occur once on a PC, and then never again on that PC. Is that correct?
Correct, the 2FA processs only occurs once on PC (one exception to this would be using a service like NVIDIA GeForce NOW, in that case every single login will require you to enter the code you'll receive via email).

4. If there's anything else you think I should know about the process, please share!
Be extremely careful with the security of the email you provide, if anyone were to gain access to it your Warframe account would be compromised.

• Like 1