Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

permanent tab info screen in index

NicolasGE

issue: when tapping the tab info menu key, it permanently shows and does not close, the escape menu and so forth are unresponsive,
nly the detailed tab screen can be accessed (i have it bound to P) and the chat can be accessed when in the detailed menu
not even dying fixes the issue, it stayed like this untill i timed out (and got my rewards thankfully)

Video of me trying as many option as i could to escape the menu: https://youtu.be/FTcBGR9hyEY

why isn't there a stronger option than /unstuck? something that would kill the player, clear the UI, and so on to fix any would-be bug that may block player unput or so

• 2 months later...

I just got the same problem in index and couldn't find a way out myself, had to reload my game (no idea if I got the rewards)

The screen was blocked on the tab UI but I could still open the pause menu with p, it would pop the same menu but darker and with the buttons on the bottom right (that would only quit the pause menu and not the still opened tab one)

All I did was pressing tab a couple of times or maybe shift + tab. I could try and reproduce the bug if necessary

If someone gets the bug and find a solution somehow it would be pretty helpful

7 hours ago, huricanemax said:

I just got the same problem in index and couldn't find a way out myself, had to reload my game (no idea if I got the rewards)

The screen was blocked on the tab UI but I could still open the pause menu with p, it would pop the same menu but darker and with the buttons on the bottom right (that would only quit the pause menu and not the still opened tab one)

All I did was pressing tab a couple of times or maybe shift + tab. I could try and reproduce the bug if necessary

If someone gets the bug and find a solution somehow it would be pretty helpful

Unfortunately as of now (at least from what I've read), the only real "solution" is to bind your tab key to something completely random while farming index over the weekend. Waiting out the timer does seem to fix it, but if you're like me and press tab a LOT in missions, it's bound to happen every single run from what I've tested. And it's at random as well, sometimes it happens instantly, sometimes it happens 2 rounds in.

Edited by maekoh_