Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, you need to stop charging me money to make the game more frustrating

This concerns the Gauss Prime Accessories, specifically the Doppline Prime armor... more specifically the shoulder armor, and how it blocks the aiming reticle ( actually took three images: one with FoV set at 52, one at 71, and one at 90; there was no difference)

yX7UNKk.jpeg 

Now, this is while I am not moving, when in motion the shoulders obscure the reticule more.

I wish this was an isolated incident, but you have repeatedly release cosmetics that have obscured the reticule, and the the players who have paid for them have to wait for you to fix it, usually by having it become transparent while aiming (such as with the Eros Wings Ephemera). This is less than ideal, first because it adds to your workload, and because it generates a negative reaction to what are, usually, good looking cosmetics (nobody bats 1000).

May I suggest an alternative:

Give us a slider in options that lets us set where the Warframe is in relation to the reticule. If this is not feasible (I understand that this is a scratch built engine developed a decade ago and many things that are common now, such as ultra wide and 4k, weren't around commonly then), then just give us the option to turn the entire warframe transparent when we aim. 

By preference, I would go with the first suggestion, because I do put effort in how my 'frames look, and want to see them in game, but I much prefer to be able to see what is in front of me while aiming (especially now with incarnons).

Edited by GrimMyfanwy

Update: I did some testing of my own in the Simulacrum, and it looks like the issue is the standard gun aim!

Tenet Ferrox (and by proxy Spearguns) don't have the issue:

Spoiler

3y3iSlL.png

Akarius Prime (and assumedly most other sidearms) don't have the issue

Spoiler

F6oNNCU.png

Acceltra Prime (which uses standard aim) does have an issue however, though it's only slight

Spoiler

LUYLQ7y.png

Bubonico (and other arm cannons) have no problem

Spoiler

p4J02zs.png

No problem from bows

Spoiler

uUlTUCR.png

And finally, Steflos, which also uses standard aim therefor having the same problem as Acceltra Prime.

Spoiler

H3lLN8t.png

It looks like a relatively easy fix would be to just... Either rotate the Frame's posture slightly to the right when aiming or something on that vein, cos it seems to only affect standard aim.

I primarily use Tenet Ferrox & Akarius Prime which is probably why I haven't noticed the problem til now!

20 hours ago, Flannoit said:

I am a Gauss Main and I use Gauss Prime + Doppline Accessories and I have had zero issues with the shoulder piece blocking the reticle, not sure why it's blocking it for you 🤔

could be my resolution, I play on an ultra-wide (2560x1080). it could be that instead of rendering the extra space on the sides the game engine decided to render less area on the top and bottom.
But that being said:

20 hours ago, Flannoit said:

Acceltra Prime (which uses standard aim) does have an issue however, though it's only slight

You mean the majority of the guns in the game? And it's only "slight" as a standstill, while moving and aiming. there are points in the animation where the entire reticule is obscured. I'm glad you don't have a problem, but you need to understand that just because you don't have an issue doesn't mean one doesn't exists. While you use mostly the weapons you listed, my main weapons are Latron Prime (standard aim), Soma Prime (standard aim), Strun Prime (standard aim), Burston Prime (standard aim). 

Even in your images, the focus area is obscured if not the reticule itself. The problem with this is the warframe creates a blindspot in an area where the point of aiming is supposed to enhance. and this is caused by a fundamental flaw in the engine. I will illustrate:

mNDnZva.png

ok, so red is the warframe, cyan is the FoV angle, yellow is our sightline.

This illustrates a player at rest not aiming.

When you aim , it tightens the FoV (in the example I'll go from ~90 to ~60 degrees), and it moved the camera forward along an axis (you can see this happen when you back into a solid wall). Now if this axis were the solid yellow line, there wouldn't be so much of an issue.
hBe6CMN.png

Here the camera has moved forward, and the new FoV (represents by the magenta lines) tightens up, the warframe grows about 40% in size from the perspective shift and while it does enter our sightlines, it is minimal. This is how most 3rd person shooters I have played handle ADS.

However Warframe's camera doesn't follow the yellow axis in the first image, it follows the green, which is the line between the camera and the center of the warframe. So here is the same perspective shift along this axis:

OKONHZt.png

Because of the lateral movement, the warframe obscures way more due to this shift as well as the perspective growth. This is what I mean when I say it is fundamentally flawed. Setting a slider to adjust warframe distance from the crosshair sightline (yellow) means attaching the camera movement to it and removing the camera/warframe axis (green) entirely.

As I said in my original post, this may not be possible, as they could have hard coded that axis into the part of the engine that affects projectile trajectory, and removing it means completely reworking that major part of the engine, which is a lot of work for the sake of cosmetics. Hence why I also included the suggestion of having the frame itself become transparent while aiming. This could be handled (from what I have gathered in past corrections) with a hotfix, and I don't believe it needs a cert build to be done. And it would be an option for players, it wouldn't change your game at all, just allow me to see what I am shooting at in mine.

Edited by GrimMyfanwy
grammer