The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Cross-Save trading for Nintendo Switch players

Switch players got the short end of the stick regarding cross-trading.
We cannot trade platinum with other platforms. This is a big issue because the trade chat is flooded with buyers or sellers from other platforms that we cannot trade with. I know we can still trade items for items, but the main issue here is that it's now so much more difficult for Switch players to earn platinum.

My suggestion is to add a separate trading tab that is exclusive to the console, filtering other platforms so that only posts from Switch players are visible. This would allow Switch players to connect with others that they can actually trade platinum with, instead of having to deal with the main trade tab which is saturated with the other platforms

Edited by StormDemon07
Typo in the title
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Storm, so... the number of Switch players in WF is only a small percentage.  The number of Switch players who activated cross-save is even less.  The number of Switch players who chose Switch as their primary account and are Switch console only even less than that. And, and out of those, the number discussing in forum even less than that.  Meaning that if I don't discuss with you, you will have no one to discuss with, LOL.

I just scrolled through all the accounts in trade chat just now, and there are only 3 (three!!) other cross-save activated Switch accounts in trade right now.  Even if you had the filter, you would find the chance that one of these other few cross-save Switch accounts are wanting to trade for what you have (and vice versa) is next to zero.  (As a separate side note, it was mentioned in a separate post that you could set filters for "Switch" or "Nintendo" using the trade chat search function, but I tested that right now, and, unfortunately, it does not work.)

I have a ticket that has been open for 3 days to request a roll back to prior to the cross-save activation on my account.  I am greatly waiting for a response, and hope for the best.

As far as I can tell, the separation of cross-save Switch accounts and non-cross-save Switch accounts on the WF side is a systematic issue.  (Others have mentioned that the separation of Switch platinum from PC and other console platinum is a corporate to corporate issue.)  It going to take more than "a flip of of a switch" to solve this one (no pun intended).  For 2024, one of the big focuses is going to be adding mobile players, which if this game follows the pattern of many other PC to mobile ports, will have millions of downloads in a matter of months.  For Switch players, it means the percentage of the player base they occupy is going to decrease.  I am suspecting that resolution of this issue is going to come sooner for PC and non-Switch consoles as well as mobile players, before it comes to Switch.

Anyhow, if you are Switch player and a trader and your main account is going to be Switch, it's probably best in most cases to hold on activating cross save for now.  There will be a number of Switch players who will move on to cross-save during this upcoming year and moving forward which could stunt the trading even on the non-cross save side.  I hope DE Team can consider this and possible think of a solution or even mitigation strategy.

28 minutes ago, AriaBella8 said:

"I have a ticket that has been open for 3 days to request a roll back to prior to the cross-save activation on my account.  I am greatly waiting for a response, and hope for the best."

A couple of us on the forums are dealing with the issue of only being able to link and not merge our accounts and in our tickets they told us to come to the forums to discuss about it; when we discuss about it our topics get either locked or completely taken down lol. I would not expect them to help you in a rollback as they just don't care and want to basically silence us, but either way good luck, just wanted to notify you of how they are handling cross save/merge/link problems.

• Like 2

Hi there, I think that cross save has definitely opened some issues that do not currently have a solution.  Said another way, there's no tool in the tool box for it yet.  In my case, the requested solution is available.  I requested a roll-back as others have posted here that you could do.  It will send my account back to likely a day before the cross save account creation and I will loose a day's progress.  As guided by others here in the forum, I have not put any additional progress on my account.  Here's a fairly recent post (a little over a week old) of a PSN player who had his account successfully rolled back.  My ticket is still open, and I believe that Switch players with this issue should be able to qualify for the roll-back.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1383564-account-reverted-to-pre-cross-save-state/