Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

BSOD when playing in duviri

Bluedragon66

OK, I bought my laptop on August 2021. It has a RTX 3050M TI graphics card. Lately, while playing in duviri, I am getting BSOD about 30% of the time. The error stats "Stop code: DRIVER IRQL_NOT=LESS OR EQUAL"

What failed: kbdclass.sys

How do I fix this issue? Please help. My graphics drivers are up to date. Is the kbdclass referring to my keyboard?

There are no crash handler with a WAR-# pop up. However this happens when I play Whispers in the wall missions. I am playing in DX11 by the way

Additionally, should I do a clean reinstallation of Windows 11?

Thanks

Edited by Bluedragon66
additional info

51 минуту назад, Bluedragon66 сказал:

Is the kbdclass referring to my keyboard?

Yes, kbdclass.sys is a keyboard driver. Weird it's causing a BSOD. But after some googling it seems that other applications may interfere with its work, mostly antiviruses. Try to close all apps you run in background and try to play again to see if you get a BSOD again.

1 hour ago, Bluedragon66 said:

The error stats "Stop code: DRIVER IRQL_NOT=LESS OR EQUAL"

This is usually caused by drivers for input / USB devices - it's very unlikely a mouse or keyboard needs a dedicated driver (Windows has generic ones that have no problems with like 99% of equipment), but any software you have that could be affecting peripherals could be causing this.

I'd update firmware and drivers for any of your connected devices; I've seen this similar stop code from even an audio usb interface (focusrite scarlet solo), even if the faulting module was different, but it definitely seems like some connected device or firmware attempting to call kbdclass.sys in an incorrect manner that causes it to crash. You shouldn't need to reinstall Windows or anything like that, but you could run SFC and/or DISM to restore any corrupted files if it detects any, as I can imagine they could cause issues regardless.

It may help to check the memory.dmp file the system generates to look at a stacktrace for more info too.