Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Kullervo Teleport marker is too large (also, why does it have model collision activated)

Ancient_Maykr

I've subsumed Kulloervo's Wrathful Advance for some time now. It's a good subsume for people that use heavy attack melee builds, like me.
Except there's on thing that just was not supposed to happen... In any mission or tile set you are, you just cannot use it to get through doors, bulkheads, and gates of any kind unless there's enough space for the teleport marker to squeeze through. Sometimes, even if there is enough space for this to happen, the marker itself has a weird logic in where you need to project it in such way that the base of it needs to be on the ground level, otherwise you just bump into things.
I mean, why does the visual marker has a collision for it's model? It's supposed to be a visual aid only. Why is not the teleport point being treated as hit scan - meaning by the position of the crosshair?
It's really frustrating when you have your crosshair on the target but the game thinks there's something in the way and you teleport just short of it... and you hit nothing :)

I guess unless you are a Kullevo main or you like his subsume, you might not get what I mean, but feel free to experiment for yourself.

Edited by Ancient_Maykr
additional text
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Yes, it is very very frustrating. The teleport is so useful and fun to use, not only as mobility, but it feels very ninja style. That ability actually made me farm it in the first place and it has been so underwhelming to not be able to enjoy it because is so cumbersome. They should've use 'LineTrace' or whatever the Raycast alternative is called in Unreal. It seems like they used a SphereCast or a CapsuleCast, is like trying to move your whole character from point A to point B and wherever it touches an object, that's where it will teleport to. So if the head of the character would touch the ceiling when going through a door, then it'll teleport there, not past the door. 
From a coding point of view I understand this was easier to implement as you don't have to handle the situation where the user tries to teleport to an invalid location (ie. an area smaller than the actual character), you just get the closest position where the whole character would fit in and change its position. BUT we already have things like Loki's decoy that can be placed on the other side of a wall through a small window, it's just reusing that code.
I really wish DE would fix this.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...