The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slightly disappointed with Day 1 rewards handling

To start with: this isn’t a bug report. I understand what happened here, and that it involves systems working totally as intended. I’m just a bit disappointed with how that intent was handled, since I’m sure I’m not the only one who lost the iOS Day 1 rewards as a result.

I created a fresh account on iOS today, and it worked great! Yay! The 3-day booster and syandana were in my inbox as soon as I finished the tutorial. However, I am far from a new Warframe player - I have a long-standing account on PC. I was finally able to link accounts earlier this evening (after some shenanigans with an infinite login loop, but that’s not the point of this thread), with the PC account as my primary. I successfully logged into said PC account on iOS after the link, but I checked my inbox and the booster and syandana weren’t there. They apparently got overridden with the account link.

I did see all the warnings during the linking process about how all items, progression, etc. on the non-primary account would be lost. That’s a risk I chose to take, perhaps foolishly, but who cares - that’s on me, and it’s not that huge a loss anyway. I’m not asking for the rewards to be restored to my account or anything; it’s not worth the support ticket, since there really is no bug. I’m just disappointed with the fact that, if the rewards only show up on fresh iOS accounts and not on a second login - say, with a newly linked cross-save account - that seems to screw over all the returning players from other platforms who want their progression to carry over onto iOS. If the Day 1 rewards were meant specifically for players who intend to use iOS as their primary account for cross-save purposes, that would have been nice to know in advance.

• Like 2