Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Explain Why Cestra Is Better Than Flux Rifle?

carnaga

I was doing defence mission and fighting against Graineer lvl 50+

I know Graineer have armor and shields so to fight against them you need puncture damage(?). My Cestra has impact=33.6 and Puncture=134.4 and Flux has impact=111.0 and puncture=111.0.This is how far my understanding goes. But the thing what wonders me is that with Cestra I do 25-50 ticks of damage (no elemental mods in) and with Flux Rifle I do 1-10 tics of damage (running at that point with Nova and MolecularPrime). I'm not concentrating on radiation damage which does 14-80 ticks dmg. So how come there is such a huge difference in-game between 134 vs 111 puncture?

My cestra is lvl 23 (noob weapon) and Flux is 30 (once formatted).

Here are mods I use with Cestra and the damage output:

2280517.jpg

2280525.jpg

And here are mods I use with Flux Rifle and the damage output:

2280521.jpg

2280518.jpg

And here are the in-game tics I get (the video ends to mission abort and to inventory for comparison).

http://youtu.be/3QZTPwL6xsc

I'm definitely doing something wrong here. Please make me understand...

Edited by carnaga

The reported damage numbers for the Flux are PER SECOND. The reported damage numbers for the Cestra are PER SHOT. Fully spooled, the Cestra is spitting out much more than 3 rounds per second.

The Puncture damage on the Cestra is what is killing the Grineer so fast. Multiply that number by its fully spooled fire rate to see its damage compared apples to apples with the Flux.

The Flux's Slash damage is through the roof (888 slash/sec), while its Puncture per second is only 111. Cestra's puncture per second is 134*8.3 rounds/sec = 1112.2 puncture/sec.

Your Cestra is doing nearly 10 times the puncture damage of your Flux.

Edited by honeybadger

The reported damage numbers for the Flux are PER SECOND. The reported damage numbers for the Cestra are PER SHOT. Fully spooled, the Cestra is spitting out much more than 3 rounds per second.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me =^.^= I honestly think how arsenal is showing the damage output is so misleading. Now that I read your explanation with calculations it really makes more sense: 1112.2 puncture/sec vs. 111.0 puncture/sec xD

Thank you!

Edited by carnaga

The Puncture damage on the Cestra is what is killing the Grineer so fast. Multiply that number by its fully spooled fire rate to see its damage compared apples to apples with the Flux.

The Flux's Slash damage is through the roof (888 slash/sec), while its Puncture per second is only 111. Cestra's puncture per second is 134*8.3 rounds/sec = 1112.2 puncture/sec.

Your Cestra is doing nearly 10 times the puncture damage of your Flux.

Dayum. O_o the ultimate combination of Primary and Sidearm. 

The reported damage numbers for the Flux are PER SECOND. The reported damage numbers for the Cestra are PER SHOT. Fully spooled, the Cestra is spitting out much more than 3 rounds per second.The Puncture damage on the Cestra is what is killing the Grineer so fast. Multiply that number by its fully spooled fire rate to see its damage compared apples to apples with the Flux.The Flux's Slash damage is through the roof (888 slash/sec), while its Puncture per second is only 111. Cestra's puncture per second is 134*8.3 rounds/sec = 1112.2 puncture/sec.Your Cestra is doing nearly 10 times the puncture damage of your Flux.

From what I recall, Grineer with high armor have high resistance against cold and slash damage and have no resistance or weakness to radiation. Might also explain the lower numbers on the Flux rifle.