Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Rework

(XBOX)AudiGuard20

A bit while ago, I talked about a potential Chroma rework. Well, now in the devstream 177, when its reveal that Mirage's Eclipse is going to function exactly like Vex Armor for Chroma, but much better, also being able to be used on other warframes as it is the helminth ability, it is clear that we need a Chroma rework now more than anything right now.

So these are my ideas for a possible Chroma rework (another one):

Passive: 

The Emissive Colour will select the element Chroma will use for his abilities. On top of that, the energy colour will determine the element to be used on his weapons. This means, if the energy colour is green for example, then all of Chroma's weapons will have toxin built into them that will combine with other elements you mod on your warframe. Essentially, saving you a mod slot for weapon builds

1st Ability: Spectral Scream

Can no longer toggle and switch between the 4 elements. Also, no longer a channeling ability. Now, Chroma will move slow and breathe all the elements onto enemies for a certain duration. All 4 singular elements will be applied onto enemies (Toxin, Heat, Electric, Cold) with a random amount of procs and depend where Chroma is spewing his fire around. In this state, Chroma is invulnerable to all sources of damage. The duration will also be a short one so like 5s at max rank at base

2nd Ability: Elemental Ward

The same ability where the element is chosen by Chroma's emissive colour. However, now when enemies hit you, they will receive a proc of that element from the ward to be inflicted on them. So if your element is heat, cast the ability, if an enemy hits you, they will get a heat proc applied.

3rd Ability: Vex Armor

No longer need to be damaged by enemies to receive the buffs, just cast and you get both buffs. The Armor buff is greater, and the Damage buff is now a final damage multiplier instead of a base damage multiplier. 

Mirage's Eclipse is going to function like Vex Armor with additive damage, so Vex Armor still giving additive damage is pointless. I know this may seem like the biggest "Screw you" moment, but if you think or remember about it, Chroma's Vex Armor Damage buff used to function as a final damage multiplier back in the day till they nerfed and changed it. So this basically goes back to that. Also, since Vex Armor is not a helminth ability, this makes it more balanced where only Chroma has this kind of damage buff on him

4th Ability: Elemental Rage

Chroma becomes enraged with energy. He is imbued with an aura of the emissive element that Increases the potency and effect of elemental ward and vex armor. All of Chromas attacks will have a separate instance of that element applied on enemies from his weapons. Furthermore, damage is also increased on all weapons and the damage and status effects of all singular elements will be stronger and more effective.

This is my take on Chroma. Not exactly dragon like, but to more enhance his elemental aspect of him.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)AudiGuard20 said:

3rd Ability: Vex Armor

No longer need to be damaged by enemies to receive the buffs, just cast and you get both buffs. The Armor buff is greater, and the Damage buff is now a final damage multiplier instead of a base damage multiplier. 

While I do somewhat like this idea it kinda goes against the idea of vex armor and will just serve to make mirage mains as pissed as chroma mains are which I don’t want. I feel especially with the augment we can just go back to chroma being multiplicative instead. Because eclipse was nerfed due to being more reliable. So since Vex armor requires being damaged to get max stacks and resets if you miss the timer it should be more powerful than the new eclipse, but it isnt, 275% base compared to 350% base