Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Railjack feedback

To preface, I love Railjack, love the idea of it, and aside from not having that much content, I think it's a great evolution of the original way WF is played. Still, it's far from perfect, there are some complaints from the community and sadly, some people are turned away by some of the rougher edges. By smoothing out the rougher edges, especially those that would provide quality of life, would make the game mode much more enticing to play.

My personal list, just off the top of my head:

• Limit the "hacking" sub-mission to only a maximum of 1 per mission. Currently, it can easily take around five minutes each and having two of them instead of one of the other types (nodes or crewship) ruins the pacing of the mission.
  • To make it fall in line closer to the other sub-missions without changing the actual mechanics, set the hack timer to five minutes (backend, 100% frontend) and spawned the drones don't completely stop the timer. Drones spawn every fifteen to twenty seconds when there aren't any drones already spawned and every drone killed will result in a 20 to 30 second hastening of the timer. This will result in an average closer to about two to three crewship EVA destructions, more players in the objective area will make it faster.
  • The sub-objectives before boarding the main ship should always be nodes+the hacking or crewship objectives. Not only are nodes the faster objectives, it makes more thematic sense to disable main ship defenses.
  • Those hacking sub-objectives should always spawn (like they seem to do now) but optionally tackling them should reward an A rotation reward on top of the award currently given. It doesn't have to affect the main objective, although players would most likely be more engaged with the mode if it did. Something like AABC if not done but it would be ABC (5/10/15) if it is. This will make RJ more enticing for longer games than the normal ground version.
  • Orphix needs a slightly slower timer at two and three Orphix spawns, this will take into account the travel time between areas, with the tiles being heavily reliant on RNG. Currently the success of getting to rotation C (12 kills) is a bit too rough, even when playing solo with absolutely maxed gear (fluctus, corrosive ironbride, meathook, rage) or with a good team.
  • Last but not least, a button in the RJ's starmap console that completes and closes the mode properly so people don't have to go the host's drydocks with a chance of falling into an infinite loading loop. Just completes the missions, boots everyone to their own individual ships or wherever they started their RJ session.
  • Like 1