The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Regal Aya system is frustrating

Goblin_au

The Regal Aya system is an improvement over the old system, however, there are occasions where it falls a little flat and leads to frustration.

With the recent rotation change bringing us Titania Prime and Gara Prime, I was quite looking forward to picking up Gara's Prime Accessories pack. Most Prime Accessories come with 2 items, one requiring 2 Regal Aya and the other 1. Unfortunately, Gara's accessories require 2 Regal Aya each, totaling 4.

The previous system had set prices for different tiered packages. Regal Aya, at first glance, appears to follow this same tier system with the added bonus of allowing you to pick and choose items. Great! Where this falls flat is when Prime Accessories item prices differ from frame to frame. The cheapest Regal Aya package gives 3 Regal Aya. Great for most Prime Accessories items, but not for Gara Prime! I'd happily trade the platinum included in the pack for 1 more Regal Aya.

It's by design and known as the "just short" or "just shy" method of selling something. This tactic encourages a consumer to overspend for something as they will be stuck with left-overs after one purchase and feels coerced into overspending to not "waste" part of their previous purchase. This is compounded as a virtual currency that removes your ability to accurately gauge how much real money you're spending and obfuscates the transaction.

It's pretty sad that DE couldn't have just attached a dollar amount to each item individually and then create bundles at a slight discount with Platinum to encourage those purchases. There's no need for this type of greedy monetization to be added if the entire point of Regal Aya was supposed to be "freedom of choice". I'm really shocked so many people praise Regal Aya.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Yeah I miss the old system. If there's a syandana and an armor set in the accessories it would work out cheaper back then. Now if you want both you have to double up your purchase costing around £40 instead of £20. Plus originally they weren't going to include the plat that comes with the regal aya but endo instead, that got changed after the backlash (DE you really never learn...)