The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hoping for an update on Companion Precepts 2.0 in the Dev Stream from PAX East.

The update last year and the introduction of Bond Mods was fricken awesome! We players are still waiting for folow up update focused on precepts Mods. Most of us get and understand there are hundreds if not thousands of precepts between companions and weapons. I am simply asking for a update ala "we're still working on it and we have nothing to share until Tennocon" which is a cool response with me.

Just quit repeating that yeah Charm is getting nerfed. Players are aware that Charm is getting a rework.

Are we getting a Nidus JR in Vulpaphalya form? Are you fixing Sentinal Weapons so the game no long has 3 or 4 cold based Sent weapons with absolute weak and worthless stats? Kubrow finally worth using besides for Dig? Sentinel weapons besides Hellstrum and Verglass be useful outside of being a Viral Status primers?

Just a single 1 or 2 sentences to let players know again that DE is still working on it is all I'm asking. Pretty please.

• Like 1

I feel like Kubrows/Kavats and their infested counterparts suffer the most because of the mod slot limitations and capacity. Their precepts are mostly fine honestly. Other companions have their damage modding separated on their weapons which makes them a lot more flexible especially since the introduction of bond mods and open to powerful synergies. You don't have that luxury with non robotic pets, you can have utility + damage but you can do that with robotic companions which is unfair imo.

4 hours ago, Rathalio said:

I feel like Kubrows/Kavats and their infested counterparts suffer the most because of the mod slot limitations and capacity. Their precepts are mostly fine honestly. Other companions have their damage modding separated on their weapons which makes them a lot more flexible especially since the introduction of bond mods and open to powerful synergies. You don't have that luxury with non robotic pets, you can have utility + damage but you can do that with robotic companions which is unfair imo.

Well if we're referring to Precepts across the board, um no, Dogs are the most numerous companion type and there's maybe five you would actively want to use? Other Companion types are much better but still have their own stinkers.

Beasts should get their own weapon slot similar to Robotic companions, or should at least get more mod space in general similar to Necramechs so they're far less constrained.

5 hours ago, Greysmog said:

Beasts should get their own weapon slot similar to Robotic companions, or should at least get more mod space in general similar to Necramechs so they're far less constrained.

They would need to severely reduce the drain of companion mods for it to work or give more capacity like for Necramechs that have 80 instead of 60. More slots alone won't be usable.

5 hours ago, Greysmog said:

Well if we're referring to Precepts across the board, um no, Dogs are the most numerous companion type and there's maybe five you would actively want to use? Other Companion types are much better but still have their own stinkers.

That's quite subjective imo. But I do find many of beasts precepts useful if you like to play with them especially regular Kubrows. Although they are not all equal for sure and the vulpaphyla that deals puncture stuff never worked and some of predasite ones are not super functional for sure. But overall it's as many as with robots that are truly crap, they all need some work but that's not specific to beasts precepts.