Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt QOL Tweak: Drop Shield Last (Seriously)

Sloth45

I genuinely do not understand why this has persisted as long as it has. Then again, I don't understand the "cant use guns or abilities" bug lasting ten years, either...

Anyway. Extremely simple fix. On controller- And elsewhere, but controller is where it matters most- When you are holding Volt's electric shield, if you press the reload/context button, you drop it. Always. No matter what the context button is.

Do you know the number of times, in the probably over-half-a-decade of playing, I've wanted to drop the shield before every other context action?

0. Zero. Never. I have never wanted to drop my shield *and* reload my weapon. I have never wanted to start a mobile defence *and* drop my shield- Yes, I do often want to put a shield down, but I want to position it first.

The fix is really, really simple. Are you with me? Drop the shield last. Need to reload your weapon? Press reload, and hold onto your shield. Amazing! Want to drop the shield, but your weapon isn't reloaded? Double-tap the context/reload button. Reloading always should have priority because it happens infinitely more often then you wanting to suddenly stop being bulletproof from the front. Want to start a defence objective or open a door or something with a gun that isn't reloaded? Interactable object > reload > shield drop, in that order. Interaction object > reload is how it works in all other contexts, anyway.

This should be a thirty second fix for a major annoyance for all volt players. Please, please spend the thirty seconds. I beg of you.

• Like 2