Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kraken Fires Again On Its Own After Auto-Reload

Morcant

Curious if anyone else is experiencing this. I started leveling my Kraken again today (it's presently at level 17 with 15 rounds per clip). After exhausting the magazine, it will auto-reload and ocassionally fire without my intervention once the reload is finished. This seems to be a new issue, as I hadn't experienced this when I first built the Kraken a day or so after its initial release.

I've tried to narrow down a cause, loading into a mission and just firing it into the wall. I thought it might be queueing the fire command in an input buffer, but it doesn't seem to be related to length of holding the fire button, or repeatedly pressing the fire button during the reload animation. It happens anywhere from every clip (i.e., two subsequent auto-reloads) to every 5 clips in my limited testing. Couldn't find any information in the log file either, much to my dismay. Manual reloading doesn't exhibit the problem.

I was wondering about that, I think it happens if you try to click while it's reloading. but I have noticed this too, good catch, I thought it was just a fluke. I'll tory with this and add on to your post to confirm.

Yea that happens to me constantly and I also get random times when projectiles from the Kraken and other guns as well will appear like they're firing off to the right but still hitting where I'm aiming. (Basically the tracer rounds are firing wide to the right for no reason)

----

Edited by Nokturnel

I remember a discussion about this.

I think it's, if your last shot before reloading is not a full burst because the clip ran out (for example, 2 bullets came out of a 3 bullet burst gun) the leftover will automatically fire after reload.