Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Hek Have A Chance In Dmg 2.0 ?

Phoenix86

So i was checking my old and beloved Hek... i think it might have a chance to shine again in dmg 2.0 and here is why:

It is the only shotgun that deals high Puncture dmg, making it effective against Grineers unlike Sobek and Strun Wraith which mainly deal Impact dmg or Tigris which deals Slash dmg.

More in depth Hek as:

91 Puncture dmg out of 140

While Strun Wraith has only 22.5 P dmg, Sobek has 15 P dmg and Tigris has 14 P dmg.

Obviously those shotguns while perform better vs Corpus (Strun Wraith/Sobek) and Infested (Tigris) but Hek will be the "king" of Grineers!

There are not many weapons in other categories that can match those 91 P dmg which are:

Paris Prime, 127.5 P dmg

Snipertron Vandal, 112.5 P dmg

The others all fall behind... and well it's no doubt that Hek is way easier to use compared to both Paris Prime and Vandaltron, also considering the awesome mods shotguns have to boost that dmg...

Therefore i think Hek is once again viable when built specifically "anti-grineer", something such as:

Point Blank (9)

Hell's Chamber (15)

Vicious Spread (9)

Accelerated Blast (9)

Charged Shell** (11)

Contagious Spread** (11)

Blaze (9)

Cleanse Grineer (9)

Required points 80, Polarizations needed: 4 (2*V + 2*-) or (3*V + 1*-)

** = Corrosive dmg combo

Edited by Phoenix86

Yeah, by now, Hek has the potential to be the best performing shotgun in its specialization, thanks to there being two different Puncture damage mods that can stack to more than double the Puncture damage, and along with all of the alpha damage and multishot mods, you'll be oneshotting everything to a really high point, against Grineer.