Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impressions of Dante for Steel Path Endgame challenges, Build & Gameplay video

helioth137

So I made a video with my thoughts on Dante after the first day of playing with him, really, really solid frame, and you can play him a few different ways. 
Quite the opposite of the underwhelm i was expecting, this patch is over delivering on its promises, and I can't wait for deep archimedea too (: 
This is exactly how they've kept the game alive over 11 years, by breathing fresh life into it with patches like this, and surprising the community with the simple fact that they do listen to people, and our request for endgame is being answered :D More interactive, scaling, skill based warframes, as well (: 

Please share your own thoughts and also constructive criticism and or positive feedback on the video,
as well as ideas for my youtube/ social media channel. I'm finding it quite hard to grow, but not giving up :)

without further rambling, here's the vid: 

*snip* there's also this little wall of text i typed which probably very few people will read on youtube's description, so i'll just add it here: 

I was surprised just how good this frame is and what a valuable asset he is for any squad,
as well as how independent he can be if you choose to run him solo; affinity range status immunity, instant Overguard casting, 3 valuable buffs... the list goes on!

In my eyes, he hits a great balance between offense and defence, I anticipate he might fly under the radar a bit once his hype dies down,
due to his complexity and the subtlety of his mechanics needing quite a bit of care & setup,
but for those meta gamers who want to squeeze out the most satisfaction out of their frames and guns,
This is a frame you really can't pass up! The Helminth surpassing Equivalent of I believe "Sickening Pulse" alone, in the form of double dark verse, final verse, consuming all damage over time effects instantly, to deal all of their damage at once, is just really overpoweringly good. 

That said, i believe his subsume will probably be a bit Dissapointing, as the whole point of dark verse is to be combined with final verse.

My build, for those who care is (was today (28th), will update tomorrow)
Brief respite, archon intensify, augur secrets/message/range, transient fortitude, rolling guard, archon flow (because it's maxed :P),
handspring and Energy Nexus for worry free casting.

Arcane Energize (at least rank 3 recommended, 5 if you can afford) and Molt Augmented (really cheap, worth it for permanent 60% strength).

The interaction between the Augur set and Brief respite is really nice, as not only can you regenerate full shield bar in a few casts, but you also go into high overguard territory, which gives you a longer shield gate, if/ once your overguard goes down.

I'm using his new signature incarnon fist weapon and the Felarx / x incarnon primary, with the grimoire for energy + more power strength, (you can also use cascadia overcharge with the guaranteed over-shields you have, protected by your overguard)

You can activate the Xata Invocation before activating the Noctua, his exalted tome, which has its 2 fire modes.

Tomorrow i'll finish earning his arm cannon & make some content on both of those exalted weapons :D
and also paste the overframe.gg links here.

Even though this is a very defensive focussed setup, with a lot of casting speed
(+100%; 50 from natural talent, 50 from madurai fast cast)
and utility (shield gating, range, energy regen, status immunity),
we still manage to hit around 250 to 300% power strength when all of our stars align 150% base then +;
150 Sling Strength (40 % always up) (60 % molt augmented... fully activated after 3 minutes) (archon intensify 30% always up)
(vome invocation 60%; rarely up at full capacity).

While Voruna was definitely faster and more competitive for the disruption runs, and will always be an amazing frame for cascade, along with Ash, Loki and Octavia,
I felt Dante brought more to the table for Netracells and actual Sqaud based challenge activities, a really fun first day with this new owl wizard frame (:

Last but not least: Please don't waste your umbral forma on Dante; [Archon Intensify] is activated by using his 2nd ability one time, and it gives you a total whopping 60% power strength, rather than 44%, it will be permanently up, as his second skill is an integral part of playing him. 
Interesting to note: archon flow and archon stretch both work really well with his Noctua (exalted tome)

Edited by helioth137
further explanation / type up