Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Kills Are Too Weak: Bandaid Fix This With One Stat Change

sewens

Stealth kills are bad. They miss the point of "killing" entirely and make charge attacks or gunplay more viable options. It's a attack with a garunteed crit but most of the time the critical damage isn't enough. Honestly stealth needs a complete rework along with the melee system but one change could make fix this problem for now.

Give all daggers (and other stealth suited weapons) x3 critical damage and no crit chance.

Nah, just make all stealth kills insta-kills on common mooks, if I'm going to take the time to systematically sneak up on everyone undetected and chop their head off, I expect it to, you know, KILL them. You could give a weapon 5 times damage but the way I see it the issue is that if the enemy survives the initial attack, it's just over. Every enemy within an 80m radius knows you're there and stealth is almost immediately broken by some guy sounding an alarm on the other side of the ship. Stealth kills need to work at all levels, or else they simply become useless.

Nah, just make all stealth kills insta-kills on common mooks, if I'm going to take the time to systematically sneak up on everyone undetected and chop their head off, I expect it to, you know, KILL them. You could give a weapon 5 times damage but the way I see it the issue is that if the enemy survives the initial attack, it's just over. Every enemy within an 80m radius knows you're there and stealth is almost immediately broken by some guy sounding an alarm on the other side of the ship. Stealth kills need to work at all levels, or else they simply become useless.

Believe me, I want insta-kills.

But this is an easy fix that can be done right now if i can get DE's attention. That's why I called it a bandaid fix. x5 crit damage would be even better since with mods you can get x10 critical hit damage. That would be pretty much instakill on a maxed stealth-built weapon.

I don't see why a stealth kill isn't a one shot to everything.

It could be to stop players from sprinting through the planets with low-level gear but that's impossible since bosses need to see you for you to kill them.