Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×

Anyone with Electronics Expertise?

This is an unabashed reprint in the hopes of finding someone who can shed light on this question.  I'm not even worried about playing Warframe anymore.  At this point I seek an answer for my sanity.

Since the Dante Unbound logging into Warframe causes my  continuously plugged in laptop to switch off A/C and go exclusively on battery which drains in minutes. 

In order to get the laptop to use wall power again for any reason I have to switch the plug to a different outlet!?  If I swap outlets with Warframe running, the charge light goes on briefly, then switches off to battery again.  This does not happen with any other game e.g., NMS, Genshin, Ark, or computing activity; unless I'm playing Warframe the laptop draws wall current at all times.

This is not my imagination.  Since the update Warframe, and only Warframe, is causing my laptop to ignore wall current.

My i7/3070/32 ram is far from state of the art, but it has always chewed through Warframe on max settings.  It handles the new update on max settings just fine, until it switches to the battery and drains it.

My laptop is functioning normally in every other way, no system change or other software has been installed, drivers are up to date.

How is it possible for a game to turn off my wall current then force me to have to swap physical outlets to get it back?  What is up with having to swap physical outlets anyway?  How does that solve anything?

• Like 1

its is possible that in coding this update they turned things off power wise, not saying this is the case but for instance, say you wrote a code to play Tetris and coded a single block to rotate, now the block rotates fine and all when running your cloned Tetris program but another system program also read that same code and said oh okay ill turn that off now bloop, and well bobs your uncle borked game

• Like 1

After more research I believe what may be happening is a "GPU transient spike" which in turn triggers the laptop to protect its components by killing the power cord as it believes too much power is suddenly coming in.  This may explain why I have to switch outlets to get the power cord functioning again.  The outlet is delivering plenty of power and the cord is patent.  Regardless, the Dante Unbound update exclusively triggered this behavior, and unless something changes, seven years of Warframe come to an end.

• Like 1

And now I discover the game runs great on my 14-YEAR-OLD i7 930 desktop paired with a recently bought RX 570 and twelve 14-YEAR-OLD gigs of RAM, LOLOLOL, but simply disables my $3000 laptop.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-04 at 9:27 PM, Dexlmentia said:

And now I discover the game runs great on my 14-YEAR-OLD i7 930 desktop paired with a recently bought RX 570 and twelve 14-YEAR-OLD gigs of RAM, LOLOLOL, but simply disables my $3000 laptop.

Dude a 14 year old pc is not trash or useless sometimes retro tech is just old and works just fine

Couple of things come to mind, could it be that warframe pulls more current than other games? Could it be that, if this game does pull more current, the power adapter/brick cannot handle it and shuts down to protect itself? Could it be that instead of changing to another plug, if you simply unplug and plug in the same outlet, it comes back on? Could you try to connect to a outlet in another room? Have you tried another power supply?

On 2024-04-04 at 2:44 PM, Dexlmentia said:

After more research I believe what may be happening is a "GPU transient spike" which in turn triggers the laptop to protect its components by killing the power cord as it believes too much power is suddenly coming in.  This may explain why I have to switch outlets to get the power cord functioning again.  The outlet is delivering plenty of power and the cord is patent.  Regardless, the Dante Unbound update exclusively triggered this behavior, and unless something changes, seven years of Warframe come to an end.

This would be my best guess too, but power is weird. I can say for now, make sure you disable volumetric fog in settings - it was added to the orbiter / drifter camp this update, and your system may not play nice with it (it's probably using max utilization and wattage for the components, though you'd have to check). You could also lower the frame rate so it does these calculations less frequently, but that's not ideal. Last things you could try are making sure your GPU drivers are up to date (sometimes they include systemic optimizations that help in fringe cases) and switching the D3D API in use (DX11 or DX12) from the launcher.