The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overguard will be a problem...

BobaSoda_

Overguard has always been a thorn in the side since the new eximus units were first released making them annoying bullet sponges that can be only overcame through pure willpower but now the Overguard issue has gotten a bit out of hand. Giving Tenno access to generate their own Overguard has certain conflicts when it comes to specific Warframes like Chroma, augments like Champion's Blessing for Trinity, and any mods that provide health regen or mods that provide energy when your health pool takes a hit like Rage/Hunter Adrenaline.

It's already bad enough that newer Warframe designs are just better versions of older first gen Warframes due to not acknowledging and buffing designs that already exist in the game, giving more access to generating your own Overguard (Ex. Styanax, Rhino, & Dante) will be an absolute nightmare to try and reign in.

This word is very overused but...Overguard is actually busted.

• Like 2

I really hope DE has in mind that overguard needs some work still. Because Tenno overguard should not become the new mandatory thing to have to be able to play your warframe. And currently it's also completely breaking Chroma and a lot of synergies and strategies. In the list you have: rage/hunter adrenaline, arcane avenger (combat discipline trick too), preventing healing (for thing Trinity augment damage boost and archon intensify) etc... So yeah overguard right now is strong and also flirting with the "disruptive" category. Especially when it's given super easily from another warframe in your squad without a choice. But overall I'm pretty sure DE devs are aware of that.

For eximus units I understand the frustration but I'm fine with the state they are in tbh. Especially since we still have tools like Banshee's silence to work around them.

Edited by Rathalio
  • Like 2

I had another recent post about overgaurd, but I'll bring up the same points here.

I like overgaurd in concept. The reason why is that it's like grey health and is on track to become our new hp bar. This is kinda good, even though it melts so fast, because it is not part of our wild DR stacking, which is very problematic to balance around. This feels like a smart direction to be heading, and we can even keep the DR core as a fall-back, kinda like our last resort. It can get us out of our DR trap - although it has trouble scaling right now.

I really do not understand why DE is bringing it into the game in the way they are though. It's so bizarre. A few frames - most of which don't even need OG - are giving the rest of the roster OG instead each frame adding it to their arsenal. If you don't have Dante or Styanax on your team giving you grey health, you are very disadvantaged. and the regen rate is crazy, Dante/Styanax spam just keeps you at max pretty much indefinitely until you start hitting level 300+ or so. Like why not give it to everyone as a mod or arcane or subsume or some other new system.

Either these OG frames need to pulled back to reality or we need to start letting everyone have good access to it.

So I believe in it as a concept but I am very confused as to how and why it's being used right now.

• Like 1

I'm not unhappy with the developers opting to make reworking older frames a nonpriority. It's logically more of a challenge than just making a new Warframe.

A new Warframe's just got to work alright and be generally fun to play. Reworking an older one means that you've got to not only do those things, but respect the original vision of the Warframe as much as possible, even when that vision is basically not compatible with modern Warframe, such as with Nyx. It's more effort for an equivalent, perhaps lesser reward. Not happy but not aggravating enough to warrant action, circumstances considered.

Edited by Ventura_Highway

The other option is to change how those mods/ability works with Overguard in mind. Player overguard is recent. Like 2 years old at least. While stuff like Chroma is 5 years old at least.