Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Soma Build Anyone?

G-Kast

Question

9 answers to this question

Yeah. All the mods that work well (including dual stat) require high capacity. If you don't have forma and a potato on there, you won't be able to maximize the Soma's potential and still have maxed mods.

That being said, if you don't know already, Soma is a crit build. With max chance, you get an 87.5% chance of a crit and I think (not 100% sure) 8.4x damage. So you need the crit mods and Serration for this rifle to be as powerful as it can. That does not include ammo expansion and elemental mods.

Forma should be rather straight forward. Naturally you'll be using the crit mods, so if you use a forma, "V" polarity will be your best bet. I put in two "V" polarities before Armor 2.0 and still don't regret it, because crits are still vital to the Soma.

Ah, but you don't have your serration up that high nor any elemental mods. Not a bad build though.

Well there's still 2 spots available to upgrade serration, and if you put the serration in the V spot it should be able to upgrade 100%.

Edited by dreampuke

WIth a potato, you should be able to fit a fair few amount of mods on with the two V polarities in the Soma.

Serration (4-7 mod energy in polarized slot, depending on how highly
Split Chamber (8 mod energy in polarized slot)
Point Strike (9 mod energy)
Vital Sense (9 mod energy)

This should leave you around 25-28 mod energy. With this, you could go for a Hammer Shot (9 mod energy) for more raw base crit damage, but you should specialize in a bit of elemental based on faction if you don't want to forma (I personally think you should go for raw damage to take advantage of all the crit damage rather than using utility mods like fire rate). What I personally recommend:

Grineer:

Stormbringer (11 mod energy)
Infected Clip (11 mod energy)

Corpus:

Stormbringer (11 mod energy)
Cryo Rounds (9 mod energy)

Infested:

Hellfire (9 mod energy)
Cryo Rounds / Wildfire (9 mod energy)

If you forma once with a - polarity, you'll be able to fit these mods and Hammer Shot, which should basically give you your ideal build unless you want to use Heavy Caliber. The primary idea is to have Corrosive damage against Grineer to deal with the armor, Magnetic damage against the Corpus to deal with the shields, and Blast damage for the damage interaction against Infested (+25%) and the utility of the knockdown (though fire damage by itself works exactly as effective as having both fire mods). Experiment how you wish, though--as long as you have the raw crit damage, it should carry you sufficiently.

I second what Storb says, but for myself I personally prefer to use Blast, because it's an allround that's good against everything except shields, and the Soma's rate of fire is high enough that I can get good procs going, which is helpful in knocking down enemies to give me some breathing room.

Also, a maxed point strike will bring your crit chance to 75%. Not the 87% it was before, but still pretty damn good.

In addition, I'd also suggest that a Rifle Ammo Mutation is a must, because the Soma's ROF is high enough that you'll run through your ammo in no time. Furthermore, if you're doing defense or survival, I'd suggest Shred; it is ridiculously useful in killing stacked up enemies, especially if they're entering through a door. There's a reason why the door is considered a fatal funnel.