The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Deal With The Aklex?

nintega

1: Power creep doesn't exist. DE intends on some weapons being stronger than others.

2: Before Damage 2.0, the Bronco was the only weapon that was better than it's dual counterpart (an argument can be made for the Viper as well). Not sure how it is now, though.

3: There is no good non-exclusive heavy pistols before the AkLex. Be happy we now have one.

You're an ostrich right now, head buried in the sand. Really. If you haven't noticed the power creep, you're an ostrich. You can hide behind "DE wants this, so it must be okay" all you want, but it doesn't change anything. There's no good reason for the Aklex to have better stats on top of the benefits of being 2 guns instead of one. Nada. It's power creep, plain and simple.

If the Lex is so great, then why did no one use it until now?  Why was it all about the Vasto/Dual Vastos?

"ERMAGERD RELOAD SO SLOW"

"OHMAGAWD FIRE RATE SO SLOW"

"OHMAGAWD ACRID MASTER RACE HURHURHURHRURUHRRUHUEUHEEEHEEUHHUEUHUHEHEHEUHEHEUHEUH"

"DESPAIR OR GO HOME BOI"

you don't have to give up your potatoed, five formad lex to make the aklex tho, all you have to do is just build two separate ones and choose them instead when making the aklex............. and there is nothing wrong with power creep, its just a way of making the game new when new guns come out, if there wasn't then everybody would just be clinging to an old braton!!

I keep my 3-star Lex and have an Alex, freshly potato'd and Forma'd.

No, 'progression' and 'power creep' isn't a valid excuse to not give Lex its long overdue buff, especially when Damage 2.0 gave it increased crit damage multiplier in an effort to move away from the whole rainbow build thing.

OP, I agree with your point, though not the terms you've expressed it in. This is "power creep" in only the most technical sense. The Aklex is better than the Lex, yes, but usually by "power creep" we mean an overall upward trend in the power of weapons in the game. Given that the Aklex is not better than its alternatives, I think this is less "power creep" than "supposed side-grade demonstrating just how much the original needs a buff".

• 1 month later...

hhahahaaa nerf aklex?

ahahahaahahaha

No. Don't touch Aklex. It's obviously way better than the Lex and still will be even if Lex's crit chance was buffed, but don't nerf it. They're actually usable and it feels good firing them.

I admit that I've long given up. Lex will NOT get the buff she was supposed to get, because it will make sense. Gotta wait for Lex Prime now, I saved up 6 Formas for her.

As told by most others on this topic, the original Lex IS designed to be a pocket sniper. Dual-wield surely provides a faster firing rate but reduces reload speed and accuracy. To be honest, its role as a pocket sniper requires self-control because you need to take time with your shots in aiming. If it has a faster firing rate, it only means that you can take down an enemy that you couldn't one-shot. My clan leader told me that you shouldn't put too much firing rate on sniper rifles because you can get trigger happy and waste ammo while missing unless you're trained not to miss a single shot, which makes the Vectis a great sniper rifle emulating a single-shot, bolt-action sniper. So in the end, the Aklex is a really bad idea and to me, it's just a mastery weapon.

Edited by Nijuroku

You sound like this is the first dual weapon you've seen in this game.

Dual weapons have almost always been a direct upgrade of the single version, which would explain why you need to build two of the friggin' weapon and spend more credits, time, and an orokin cell to slap them together.

Lemme guess - you put a potato and five formas on your Lex and want a refund?

you're answer is pointless.  what if people are new players?  they should know about dual pistols?  why even have single pistols then?  in theory they shouldn't exist if their are dual pistol version.

let me guess, you're a cocky player that expects players to know everything.