Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerfing Gone Wrong?

ThatKrazyMiniMike

So, using a few of my favorite weapons I found out most suck now, Like REALLY suck. Using the Acrid now is like using a lato with pathogen rounds. I fell 2.0 broke it and should fix it a bit, A lot of people worked and grinded for awhile getting those weapons AND the mastery rank to wield them to now have them shoot what feels like sand. I feel like it might be in the works getting fixed (in fact im hoping) When 2.0 came out i figured it would get a fix- NOT a  nerf. Some Dojo weapons need a fix asap, Also some weapons in the market needing fixing...Kunai is quite bad along with despair (not horrible but i do hear some minor complaints) Is this just the fact it was released prematurely? Or is this how it's going to work from now on...Introduce a weapon-Hotfix a Nerf-keep it. I hope it will not stay like that. O.o

If it is just a bad bug can you just let us know ahead of time?...Alot of panic is spreading about this.

Looking forward to a response- I'm looking for clarity on this subject kinda hit hard and silently. Much thanks to anyone who can help explain or clarify anything at all.

The Acrid is JUST as good as it used to be. The difference is it's not good against EVERYTHING.

It does Toxin damage by default, so if you add the usual hornet strike, barrel diffusion, lethal torrent, then add "Fire" You can get Gas Damage, which is extremely effective against almost all types, and does punishing amounts of damage.

Add Electric to kill grineer via corrosive.

Add Cryo to deal with infested via Viral damage.

Add Fire to deal with corrupted and Corpus.

Add Fire, then Cryo and Electric to get Magnetic+Gas to absolutely obliterate Corpus.

Only difference is it needs some thinking. Only difference also is the poison damage over time cap. The impact damage is huge, and it's even better than D1.0 in my opinion.

Also, considering the fact you have 21% time invested on the Acrid, with 4,601 kills, almost 6% of your total kills in and amongst your weapon totals, I feel as though your problem comes from using it so much that that's the only weapon you consider usable. Try a little variety. It never hurts.

Edited by Stakhanov