Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the Owl in the Undercroft race track do anything?

Zahnrad

Question

So I noticed one time when playing in the Undercroft with Xaku, due to him requiring a lot of range his 4 turns into an Object damage nuke which may have factored into it.

An Owl spawned on the race track static, then would move around the track when you went into contact with it, making these shockwave rings behind it.

Is this some sort of puzzle or is it just an easter egg? Because I couldn't figure it out.

EDIT: This is in Solo

Edited by Zahnny

9 answers to this question

I still do not understand how you get racectrack in undercroft or how you use Xaku in a race. Undercroft is mini-Circuit, you play with your chosen frame. Racetrack is one of possible tasks in Duviri, you play with drifter (yes, you can summon your frame for a short while, but it is useless in a race as I do not think it can ride the Kaithe).

5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I still do not understand how you get racectrack in undercroft or how you use Xaku in a race. Undercroft is mini-Circuit, you play with your chosen frame. Racetrack is one of possible tasks in Duviri, you play with drifter (yes, you can summon your frame for a short while, but it is useless in a race as I do not think it can ride the Kaithe).

I'm talking about the Undercroft TILE that can spawn.

The athletic race track. I'm not sure if it has an exact name. It appears in the Zariman too.

• Like 1

Just now, Zahnny said:

I'm talking about the Undercroft TILE that can spawn.

The athletic race track. I'm not sure if it has an exact name. It appears in the Zariman too.

You lost me even more.

I've also seen that spectral owl and wondered about it. I only ever play as Mag, so I don't think its appearance is related to the frame choice. Now and then I've followed it and jumped through the rings it left, but nothing came of it.

Would be great fuel for an April Fool's video one of these days... like maybe someone claiming that you can get an extra decree if you make it through all the rings before the Owl disappears.

Edited by Probably_Asleep
Spelled "owl" as "own" because... life is hard
  • Like 2

I've been trying to find a screenshot of the tile and for the life of me I cannot find one. I have narrowed down that it's the new Undercroft tile added during Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo where it says:

On 2023-06-21 at 6:54 AM, [DE]Megan said:

UNDERCROFT CHANGES

New Undercroft Tile 
We have added a new tile to the Undercroft for you to battle and traverse. Keen Tenno will notice an academic atmosphere as they fight the hordes of Dominus Thrax’s minions. This tile will be available in both the Circuit and while traversing the Undercroft as a main Spiral Stage and side objective (read the “New Side Objectives” section to learn more!).

In that tile, there's a plateau in the middle that features a jogging track with hurdles and debris.

I'd go try to get a screenshot myself, but my wife is hanging out in my office and she thinks I'm working right now. I don't want to face the judgmental looks if I break out my console and start playing in front of her.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Probably_Asleep said:

I've been trying to find a screenshot of the tile and for the life of me I cannot find one. I have narrowed down that it's the new Undercroft tile added during Update 33.5: The Seven Crimes of Kullervo where it says:

On 2023-06-21 at 4:54 PM, [DE]Megan said:

UNDERCROFT CHANGES

New Undercroft Tile 
We have added a new tile to the Undercroft for you to battle and traverse. Keen Tenno will notice an academic atmosphere as they fight the hordes of Dominus Thrax’s minions. This tile will be available in both the Circuit and while traversing the Undercroft as a main Spiral Stage and side objective (read the “New Side Objectives” section to learn more!).

In that tile, there's a plateau in the middle that features a jogging track with hurdles and debris.

Thanks, that explains it. I do not think I have seen it. Only one with structure in the middle that comes to mind doesnt have a jogging track.

I sure as hell do not remember anything like that in Zariman though and I have been doing that much more than Circuit/Uc.

Edited by Zakkhar