The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Blueprint bug??

Caboose025

So this is a random question and I am not sure what to believe. I have been an off-an-on player for years. My RNG is terrible and have not had a War BP drop (or despair but thats a different topic), but have had the hilt and blade dropping for me as long as i can remember.

However, one LR player i know told me that the hilt and blade shouldnt be dropping unless i have had the War BP drop. Is this true?

Am i bugged since my account was made with so many other instances so long ago? For example: when i got back into warframe, I still had to use a prime piece to rank the faction i had been pledged to, thats how old my account is.

Should I let the stalker kill me, then regain his mark? could that fix my bug? I like the stalker arsenal and need the other for my MR lol

Thanks,

Caboose025

5 minutes ago, Caboose025 said:

So this is a random question and I am not sure what to believe. I have been an off-an-on player for years. My RNG is terrible and have not had a War BP drop (or despair but thats a different topic), but have had the hilt and blade dropping for me as long as i can remember.

However, one LR player i know told me that the hilt and blade shouldnt be dropping unless i have had the War BP drop. Is this true?

Am i bugged since my account was made with so many other instances so long ago? For example: when i got back into warframe, I still had to use a prime piece to rank the faction i had been pledged to, thats how old my account is.

Should I let the stalker kill me, then regain his mark? could that fix my bug? I like the stalker arsenal and need the other for my MR lol

Thanks,

Caboose025

RNG, the hilt and blade don't drop from Stalker or Shadow Stalker. The War and Broken War BPs only appear to drop from Shadow Stalker. Once you do the Second Dream questline, you should only spawn Shadow Stalker. If you're in solo missions and not seeing Shadow Stalker and have done the Second Dream quest, then you might be bugged only getting Stalker somehow.

Just now, Agall said:

RNG, the hilt and blade don't drop from Stalker or Shadow Stalker. The War and Broken War BPs only appear to drop from Shadow Stalker. Once you do the Second Dream questline, you should only spawn Shadow Stalker. If you're in solo missions and not seeing Shadow Stalker and have done the Second Dream quest, then you might be bugged only getting Stalker somehow.

i only get Shadow Stalker, but my confusion came from being told that the hilt and blade shouldnt be dropping unless i had the War BP at one point during my gametime, which i have not ever had in my inventory. several broken wars yes, but not war itself.

my information may be wrong and i just have horrible RNG. i just didnt know if anyone else had been told that information, or was in a similar boat.

1 minute ago, Caboose025 said:

i only get Shadow Stalker, but my confusion came from being told that the hilt and blade shouldnt be dropping unless i had the War BP at one point during my gametime, which i have not ever had in my inventory. several broken wars yes, but not war itself.

my information may be wrong and i just have horrible RNG. i just didnt know if anyone else had been told that information, or was in a similar boat.

I'm not sure that's true.

If it puts it into perspective, it took me like 3-4 years to get a Broken War BP from the Shadow Stalker since I used the quest provided one to make War originally. I mastered it before hand obviously, but I wanted a Broken War since its stats are kind of and I wanted to play around with it.

9 minutes ago, Agall said:

I'm not sure that's true.

If it puts it into perspective, it took me like 3-4 years to get a Broken War BP from the Shadow Stalker since I used the quest provided one to make War originally. I mastered it before hand obviously, but I wanted a Broken War since its stats are kind of and I wanted to play around with it.

if i remember correctly, i had my 1st broken war ranked before i did the quest. however its been so long i cant remember, and there is no way for me to see that data lol.

i have seen numerous occasions of killing shadow stalker and seeing a light like a pickup is supposed to be there, but nothing shows up in my feed or rewards page...

idk, i just hope DE can confirm my sanity or not lol

12 minutes ago, Agall said:

I had Broken War BP pretty easy, but farming the Blade/Hilt back in the day was a pain as Sentients were not as common (only Lua Survival). Then they got Ropalolyst in that spawned plenty and it was shorter than Survival spawn and Orphix, Railjack and now Archons.

29 minutes ago, Caboose025 said:

First of all, all Mastery Rank means is that someone got lots of stuff and ranked it up. It is not a representation of player experience (unless you count mindless ESO spam as experience). There is no authority coming from high MR.

Second, there are numerous superstitious beliefs around Warframe, as many players seek patterns in their lack of luck and may notice corelations based on their very limited evidence.

Edited by Zakkhar

1 minute ago, Caboose025 said:

if i remember correctly, i had my 1st broken war ranked before i did the quest. however its been so long i cant remember, and there is no way for me to see that data lol.

i have seen numerous occasions of killing shadow stalker and seeing a light like a pickup is supposed to be there, but nothing shows up in my feed or rewards page...

idk, i just hope DE can confirm my sanity or not lol

Stalker's drops being sub 3% drop rate is not nearly as bad as WoW level RNG, where there's mounts that have 0.1% drop rate. I got lucky getting Baron Rivendare's mount in only like 250 runs back when I played the game.

RNG can suck sometimes, there's no 'bad luck protection' on the blueprints you don't have. Even with how many times I've killed Stalker, I don't think I've gotten many Despair or Hate blueprints. I've gotten tons of War and Broken War, where with Broken War, I went from getting none for like 4 years to getting like 6 in a row...

1 minute ago, Zakkhar said:

First of all, all Mastery Rank means is that someone got lots of stuff and ranked it up

As an LR2 Excalibur main who's played for 10.5 years, I can confirm this. I don't even know what half the Warframes actually do.

7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

I had Broken War BP pretty easy, but farming the Blade/Hilt back in the day was a pain as Sentients were not as common (only Lua Survival). Then they got Ropalolyst in that spawned plenty and it was shorter than Survival spawn and Orphix, Railjack and now Archons.

First of all, all Mastery Rank means is that someone got lots of stuff and ranked it up. It is not a representation of player experience (unless you count mindless ESO spam as experience). There is no authority coming from high MR.

Second, there are numerous superstitious beliefs around Warframe, as many players seek patterns in their lack of luck and may notice corelations based on their very limited evidence.

to your 1st point: yes i am aware of what the MR means lol. i am almost MR30 but suck at damage output so i dont do missions like netracells. (yes, i know should look up builds, "git gud", all that. i just have weird ocd about collecting things in game)

2nd: yeah this is also my belief at this point, just looking for silver linings somewhere :D

4 minutes ago, Agall said:

Stalker's drops being sub 3% drop rate is not nearly as bad as WoW level RNG, where there's mounts that have 0.1% drop rate. I got lucky getting Baron Rivendare's mount in only like 250 runs back when I played the game.

RNG can suck sometimes, there's no 'bad luck protection' on the blueprints you don't have. Even with how many times I've killed Stalker, I don't think I've gotten many Despair or Hate blueprints. I've gotten tons of War and Broken War, where with Broken War, I went from getting none for like 4 years to getting like 6 in a row...

As an LR2 Excalibur main who's played for 10.5 years, I can confirm this. I don't even know what half the Warframes actually do.

yeah maybe the new stalker fixes coming in June will fix my horrible RNG. i just had to find out if i was stuck with some dumb bug so i could fix it before the updates come out lol