The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If I Told You......the Grineer Are The Remnants Of Presently-Existing Societies?

OptimumBow0

So, whenever doing a Grineer mission, you can most likely catch a snip of some English (Ex: Oh gosh dang Tenno son of a grooot!) And then you can hear some weird gibberish (Ex: we er goin to speghetee-os n den we r goin to sfksjgh idk)

I'm thinking that is slurred German/Russian (pretty sure)

So, naturally, the Grineer are probably a coalition of the USA, Russia, and possibly Germany, but in the future! (Psychedelic Maaaannn)

Need some proof?

1) Grineer ships have shoddy craftsmanship (All 3 fit the bill when it comes to building cars)

2) Their speech is slurred, almost as if they regularly drink large quantities of alcohol (...I don't need to explain that)

3) They have some big, devastating guns ('Murica! and the stereotype that Russians have tons of nukes!)

4) They shell out clones like Americans shell out hamburgers (Capitalism!)

5) The women are generally superior enemies (What a great German stereotype, eh?)

Convinced?

(I'm American, therefore I'm allowed to make fun of my country and our obsession with fast food. I don't actually believe these Russian + German stereotypes to be true, they merely serve as comic material because I have the audacity to assume a German will laugh at a German stereotype. Also because those were the only stereotypes I could connect to who I think the Grineer actually are based off their linguistic patterns. Gee whiz I'm in trouble)

Edited by OptimumBow0

German Beer + Russian Muzhik + 'Murica Burgers = Grineer?

Yes, that's it exactly. Except it isn't. But it is. It's part of it. Yes. No. You are partially not wrong. 

IDK IT'S LIKE ART

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or in this case, the interpretation is in the mind of the reader)

Yes, that's it exactly. Except it isn't. But it is. It's part of it. Yes. No. You are partially not wrong. 

IDK IT'S LIKE ART

The beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or in this case, the interpretation is in the mind of the reader)

I know i know

As russian i can tell you - russian people have much in common with grineer.

I would not be surprised if the grineer have some distant connection to Lasria and Mezner from Dark Sector.

I'm gonna pretend I know who/what you're talking about......

(I've never played Dark Sector)

Edit: So searched Mezner up. He's a brilliant, American scientist who was involved in "bio-enhancement" programs

Theory confirmed! (Sorta.)

Edited by OptimumBow0

Well, from what I remember, the Grineer come from Earth, a trashed Earth, but Earth nonetheless. With the way things are heading, and given that English is the international language of business... I wouldn't be surprised if their language was Germanic based. It certainly sounds that way. Give it a few thousand years and yeah... I can see that. German, English, and Russian all share similarities.

This whole "Grineer are superior" mentality reflects the concept of American exceptionalism and their constant annexing of colonies and expanding of their empire also reflects American imperialism as well as the former empires of both Russia and Germany.

Edited by djentlemenBehold