Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allowing Ammunition Overflow

Pave

I personally don't like the ammunition "minigame", in which I'll need to be constantly careful "not" to pickup ammo when I have less max ammo-space than the pickup gives me.

E.G. I have 485 rifle-ammo on my belt -> pickup = only get 15 instead of 20.

I like the system from Firefall for example in which the pickup grants a tempotary overflow/"extra" ammo for the next reload. Of course, Warframe doesn't need to make max ammo capacity to be clip+ammo (then again, the ammo pickups are universal in that game). The following example is just enough:

E.G. 485 rifle -> pickup -> now I have 505 ammo until I reload my rifle next time.

This way the ammo-pickups wouldn't get wasted during tight firefights, especially during fierce melee battles.

It's a small annoyance, granted. But in the long run this suggestion could help keep the annoyance levels down, especially with the guns with low max ammunition capacity (Snipers and Pistols primarily).

Save a few bullets by introducing amazing new game mechanics? I like it.

Additionally, might as well remove purchasable Ammo Boxes. Obviously, nobody uses them.

You'd be surpised how big of annoyance it actually becomes to lose even a single sniper-rifle bullet after the stage finally starts dropping ammo (considering the default max amount you can cary is 50-pieces). Or the stage spams a lot of bullets first, and you accidentally pick them up during firefights, and later on you run dry (each box contains 10-pieces, and each time you lost 9-bullets).

As for ammo boxes, they're really useful when ammo-drop is scarse and you're fighting either huge mobs or extremely well armored enemies (dem Grineers and Ancients).

considering how cheap ammo boxes are, i don't see how anyone can run out mid-mission (unless they dont know/use them)

of course the snipetron ammo max mod is bugged (but since mods are going away, this is a non-issue soon)

me personally i lean towards making ammo MORE restrictive (ala Dead Space style) to incentivize our melee and frame abilities

i DID LUV the new addition of differentiated visuals of the different ammo types

but IMHO ideally your base ammo for both primary and 2ndary guns would take up inventory space, ie 50 rounds of sniper ammo takes one square, 100 shotgun rounds takes 1 square, 400 rifle rounds, etc

that way if you had spare room, and you already had say 50 sniper rounds, then if you picked up more they would just start stacking in the next square (or if you didnt have any spare room, then you would only pick up if your square was under max, resembling current system)

this would allow for overflow, remove the need for ammo max mods (which are going away anyways), and also make ammo management cost "something" as currently for a few thousand credits i can never run out of ammo on a mission even if i run around firing the gorgon non-stop (which i find kind of ridiculous)

I don't even think that there is need for a cap in game for how much you pick up. there is normally not enough to keep a gorgon filled anyway. or a snipetron firering with RoF like a latron (like mine!). i like the idea that ammo boxes only give your starting max, but for pickups in game, lets just have no max...

Save a few bullets by introducing amazing new game mechanics? I like it.

Additionally, might as well remove purchasable Ammo Boxes. Obviously, nobody uses them.

soloing ceres boss requires 30 supercharged boltor and at least an ammo box.

and after hours of playing, 1k credits is... nothing

wut, I always carry 3-4 boxes of ammo per mission and usually spend them all (it's not like they're expensive or something)

Same here...

"Always bring an extra ammunition box or two for a rainy day"

Taken from the Tenno codex that doesn't really exist and I just made up right now.

• 1 month later...