The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why was Overguard implemented in the game?

Overguard just took the fun out of the game entirely and DE just throws it on every enemy now. Eximus enemies don’t even need it and they spawn commonly which is annoying. IMO, we were just fine with the three health guard types. Armor, shields, and overshields. There was no need for Overguard. Just work on tweaking the three original types so they can be more viable on Warframes and challenging on enemies. I know people going to come on here and say “just use viral.” I don’t want to put viral on every loadout and DE really mislead the players when they stated in the codex that Overguard is weak to void damage, but it’s not.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The reason was, as I recall, something about players not engaging with enemies. So, DE would put time into having Eximus do interesting things but players would CC or kill the enemies so quickly that the Eximus may as well have just been fodder mobs and you basically couldn't tell the difference.

I think the problem with Overguard is similar to the problem with armor. It's very all or nothing. A tiny bit of Overguard will completely disable almost all CC completely. OG should probably have more interactions with CC.

I don't really get how it takes the fun out of the game though. Personally, I think Nullifiers are a far more poorly designed concept.

Edited by insanitybit