The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Altra Sentinel Wings + Duplex Bond = Performance Loss

Zossie

Preamble: So I recently rounded out my Altra Skin collection courtesy of Baro, but upon donning my Sentinel in the full complement of Altera attachments and entering a mission, I quickjly noticed a drop in framerate. I jumped in to troubleshoot the issue and listed below are my findings.

The issue: When using both left and right Altra Sentinel Wings on a Sentinel, proccing Duplex Bond causes a performance hit and drop in framerate.

Replication and Troubleshooting: This issue can easily be replicated both in mission and simply in the Simulacrum. Use both Altra wing attachments on your Sentinel, and equip it with the Duplex Bond precept mod. Then simply use abilties to expend energy until Duplex Sentinels spawn. Upon moving, you should notice a drop in framerate and stuttery performance. Among some of my other findings are:

• The issue occurs across other base Sentinel skins as long as you are using both Altra Wing attachments, but I found it most pronounced on the Altra Sentinel Skin.
  • The issue does not occur if only one Altra Wing is attached.
  • The issue is inherent to the Wing attachments, not the Altra Sentinel skin, nor the Face or Tail attachments. I've conducted tests with only those attachments and noted no loss in performance.

Prior to this bug, I was using the full Loid Sentinel skin and attachments, with no issue. To be clear, the performance drop is quite pronounced and noticeable. I my Simulacrum testing, I'm easily hitting my monitor framerate cap of 144 fps on the bare minimum graphics settings. Yet as soon as I force the issue by proccing 3 Duplex Sentinels, the framerate drops to <40fps. And once the Duplex Sentinels expire after their 30 second duration, the framerate jumps right back up to 144 fps.

If you are able to replicate this issue, please comment as such. Hopefully this issue gets resolved so I can actually use the full complement of attachments, and my Ducats don't go to waste!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bumping because I'm seeing this issue as well. I didn't realize it was tied to the Altra wings because I had equipped them before trying Duplex Bond on the sentinel, but I've removed them and can concur that the Altra wings are correlated with performance drop.

Edited by Delmesa
fixed typo
  • Like 2

I can confirm, at the very least, having the full set on does tank my FPS massively while Duplex Bond is active and that switching off it fixes it. Hopefully this gets patched soon because I love the way the Altra set looks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it but it's 100% true. Tested with the same mods on the Dethcube Prime sentinel.

Without the Altra cosmetic set - No frame drops on Sentinel duplication via Duplex Bond.

With the Altra cosmetic set - Massive drops with continual low fps when staring in the direction of Duplex Bond duplicated sentinels.

In the ballpark of -40/-50 fps.

I tested with -just- the wings and no frame-drops, getting frame drops consistently with the full set. Not with just the Sentinel skin, and not with just the wings

I get a consistent, solid 144 fps with my setup. I need to make it clear that with the full Altra set + Duplex bond and 3 clones It drops me to 60-70 frames.

Edited by Vermillion-Code
Additional information
  • Like 1