Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please rework ember again

So we'll I've played ember for quite some time but never played her before her reword and well I think she's better off now she still does not feel rewarding to play at all, it's literally all ability spamming always running out of energy unless you use things such as nourish etc. Like it's so much micromanaging for a mediocre output, I think her heat system is outdated and really should jusy be dumped and make her flat out scale off of strength none of this oh im at 25% heat I have x amount of armor reduction from my second. Her heat system really doesn't work well in the game now, I also think her 3rd could use to be changed to a ring similar to xakus 3rd and make it a ring of armor strip, just so it's not so much spamming of her abilities like you can use so many abilities eat so much energy and still feel meh, no im not sure if the ring should be something like energy over time or just flat time and then recast but either way I feel that could help her significantly, and maybe change her first but that's also just one of those old warfarme abilities that simply isn't good and I'm fine it can stay that way. But overall I just want to say her heat system is so out of date with the pace of the game and the difficulty scaling of the game where she really just does not feel good to use just give her an armor strip ring and dump the heat system and make is her damage red., armor strip, and ability damage based on strength and she'd feel so much better to play.

• Like 1

Ember is in such a good place right now and the changes coming on Tuesday are going to help her in small ways, namely her energy economy.

But truthfully, this is simply a case of git gud. Ember is an absolute beast of a frame, her damage mitigation is great, her ultimate does great DoT, her strip is great, and her 1st is fine but useless enough to warrant putting a helminth on her. Personally I use Gloom because Gloom is, well, busted good. Her issues mainly lie with her ultimate having a cap of how many enemies it can hit with the initial cast, but the fact it spreads the DoT to enemies makes up for that.

Her Heat system is so easy to manage too, and it gives you free damage reduction as long as you're not at 90% Heat. Which you can just, y'know, manage. If the Heat is rising too high, use 3. If its not rising high enough, use 4.

You speak about spamming her abilities, which is... Not how she's supposed to be played. She's not like Styanax, Dante or Protea, she's not a caster frame. She's a cast-focused gunplay frame, especially with weapons that proc heat to large groups of enemies, to boost her power strength. You get to high Heat with her 4th, then mitigate the energy-per-second from max Heat with a potent armour strip, which lets you kill enemies with your guns with ease.

She doesn't need a rework. You're just bad at playing her.

• Like 2

Ember's energy economy is already being addressed next update. Immolation's drain is being halved and her abilities are gonna be way easier to cast with reduced costs.

There are ways you can manage her heat system in the meantime - know when to use your 3 and 4 and cycle between them as needed. If you're in need of energy, use mods like Flow, Energy Nexus, Streamline, or Fleeting Expertise to help you with that. Make use of the Helminth System as well if you've unlocked it - Nourish, Lycath's Hunt, and Dispensary work great on her in keeping her energy upkeep. The Augment Mod Exothermic can also do wonders for Ember's energy issues as well. 

Il y a 6 heures, ZiIIion a dit :

Ember's energy economy is already being addressed next update. Immolation's drain is being halved and her abilities are gonna be way easier to cast with reduced costs.

There are ways you can manage her heat system in the meantime - know when to use your 3 and 4 and cycle between them as needed. If you're in need of energy, use mods like Flow, Energy Nexus, Streamline, or Fleeting Expertise to help you with that. Make use of the Helminth System as well if you've unlocked it - Nourish, Lycath's Hunt, and Dispensary work great on her in keeping her energy upkeep. The Augment Mod Exothermic can also do wonders for Ember's energy issues as well. 

Hopefully we will no longer need Fleeting, thanks to Fireblast's huge energy consumtion changes. Streamline might be enough now.

Imma be real when I posted this I hadn't played warframe in honestly 3 months and didn't look at what they did for her in terms of changes but if there fixing her energy economy that's amazing that was literally the worst part about playing her so if that's being done that's awesome also I already knew how to make her energy efficiency not bad I'd use nourish and she worked just fine and killed, she simply just felt worse then numerous other warframes as to why I posted this but yes she was never bad at all could kill tons but just felt so meh to play

Edited by (XBOX)xD3ATHxD3AL3Rxx