Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Arcane Battery and Excalibur Umbra, trying to reach 500 maximum energy

I was hoping to be able to use the full Umbral mod set and Unairu to reach 500 max energy on Excalibur Umbra, but it ended up coming out to 499 maximum energy. This was at unranked, which isn't a problem at max rank...

Edited by Agall
fixed the 'problem'

The problem there is Excals armor is kind of meh (hes a better shield tank, or later shield gate, and comparatively fr instance Kullervo has over double on Umbra), so modding it won’t work super well in any case,

DE might bump it, but your kind of trying to put the square peg in the round hole,

(Arcane Battery in general is a very niche case, as most builds would prefer a Primed/Archon flow or Blue Shards rather then burn an Arcane slot.)

On 2024-06-20 at 6:00 AM, sXeth said:

The problem there is Excals armor is kind of meh (hes a better shield tank, or later shield gate, and comparatively fr instance Kullervo has over double on Umbra), so modding it won’t work super well in any case,

DE might bump it, but your kind of trying to put the square peg in the round hole,

(Arcane Battery in general is a very niche case, as most builds would prefer a Primed/Archon flow or Blue Shards rather then burn an Arcane slot.)

To confirm this, before getting into a mission, Excalibur Umbra has 440 max energy. Unairu awards +200 armor which does count towards things like incarnon evolutions and [Arcane Battery]. 200*0.3 = 60, but it only gets Excalibur Umbra to 499.

To me, that looks like a rounding error.

Obviously this is a huge miss because of violet archon shards, which are the default best option for Excalibur (including Wrathful Advance). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Agall said:

To confirm this, before getting into a mission, Excalibur Umbra has 440 max energy. Unairu awards +200 armor which does count towards things like incarnon evolutions and [Arcane Battery]. 200*0.3 = 60, but it only gets Excalibur Umbra to 499.

To me, that looks like a rounding error.

Obviously this is a huge miss because of violet archon shards, which are the default best option for Excalibur (including Wrathful Advance). 

On 2024-06-20 at 3:00 PM, sXeth said:

On 2024-06-19 at 11:51 PM, Agall said:

I was hoping to be able to use the full Umbral mod set and Unairu to reach 500 max energy on Excalibur Umbra, but it ended up coming out to 499 maximum energy.

Not sure if my math was off, but even if that's correct, could that be bumped by one maximum energy somehow to allow this synergy to work? Having to equip another +armor mod sort of eliminates the point of that synergy, and its just sooo close to functioning. You also can't use the Exilus mod for maximum energy to get that one extra point since [Warrior's Rest] is a thing now and required for some builds.

Yes, I used the resources from the Belly event to buy 20 [Arcane Battery] to test this. It should work on Kullervo with umbral mods, but I don't have a Kullervo to test this (subsumed the one I've gotten, need like 8 more bane to build my second). 

On 2024-06-19 at 11:51 PM, Agall said:

I was hoping to be able to use the full Umbral mod set and Unairu to reach 500 max energy on Excalibur Umbra, but it ended up coming out to 499 maximum energy.

Not sure if my math was off, but even if that's correct, could that be bumped by one maximum energy somehow to allow this synergy to work? Having to equip another +armor mod sort of eliminates the point of that synergy, and its just sooo close to functioning. You also can't use the Exilus mod for maximum energy to get that one extra point since [Warrior's Rest] is a thing now and required for some builds.

Yes, I used the resources from the Belly event to buy 20 [Arcane Battery] to test this. It should work on Kullervo with umbral mods, but I don't have a Kullervo to test this (subsumed the one I've gotten, need like 8 more bane to build my second). 

I might've just been dumb and in testing this, immediately polarized the - slot off for [Blind Rage] not realizing that it'll affect max energy.

It works as intended, >500 max energy as configured once you're not unranked from polarizing.

Edited by Agall