Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Jade "Hot Take" / Appreciation Post

vor 18 Stunden schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

Cute. I assume you are a man based on how you post about pregnancy. Well, I am actually a woman, you know, the people capable of getting pregnant. I don't need pregnancy mansplained to me, if it's all right by you.

Pregnancy is a natural part of life and you write about it like it inevitably scars any woman who undergoes it. It can be very beautiful. Also dirty and icky as anything natural is.

DE, and I, can not wrestle with every personal trauma people might have over childbirth or anything else for whatever reason. The topic of death in childbirth is a serious one, but not every quest is going to be happy and jovial. Sometimes serious topics are covered, and there was a clear warning before the quest, which spoiled the contents for a lot of us, to be honest. But I would be fine if they let us toggle off content warnings, as I think a CW about serious stuff is a fair request. I also think an alternate model for people who don't want to play pregnant warframes is okay.

The idea of some sort of angelic battle maiden wading into combat while heavily pregnant (though I seriously doubt there's a fetus in there) is pretty badass imo. Women can be depicted as powerful and dangerous, as well as vulnerable and fragile, even while pregnant.

I usually don't agree with you but I agree with that post 100%. 

Most people complaining about Jade are men trying to.. "get rid" of the pregnancy part of the story. (Mind you, there's no fetus in the copy of Jade we received, the baby was delivered and the belly is symbolic)

Why? I'm not sure, I talk it down to insecurity and missing knowledge about the topic. There are people with fears that I understand, but the solution to that is to just not play her. No one's in a position to dictate what others play though, or how they look.

But I did see the same type of complaints we got when hildryn released, which boil down to them "not being sexy" enough. Which is quite sad imo. The " I can't play that thing, sorry" is kind of obnoxious. Not every female frame will be Wisp. 

---

But to stay on topic, she's fun to play, and I appreciate the angel/mother theme of her. 

This update has been a lot of fun, with an interesting and unexpected story.

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker
  • Like 6