The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Speed/Slow tweak....

Kuruderu

So... i was thinking....

Nova being one of, if not the only, frame with a dedicated "mod for least power strength" option...

Would it not be smarter to make that ability at "toggle" between speed and slow. And make them both "more strenght is better". 

As it stands right now, half of Nova "meta play" is dependent on all team members _not_ granting power strength to the team. Otherwise the ability looses it's usefullness. real quick.

Just a late night thought....

• Like 5

Normally I pick Speedva for Earth Defense (and Jupiter Defense) when they roll around in the Archon Hunts so it doesn't take 20 minutes. It can cut wave time almost in half if the squad's not bad. This week... I don't know if I was unlucky but I couldn't get a squad without Jade (or a hard CC like Hydroid that slows things down to a crawl on their own.). I said, fine, I don't like dropping squad due to mismatched warframes anyways, I'll just stick with the next one I get no matter who's in it. Then there were two Jades. Cue me having to go to either map edge every time I wanted to use Molecular Prime without griefing the squad. It ended up taking like 15 minutes anyways because I would need to cast it 4 times back and forth across the map to catch the whole wave instead of twice (once halfway through the wave) while also being able to keep tabs on Chipper. Horrible experience.
(Jade is also a poor pick for defense anyways because she also slows enemies down, but that's a separate conversation over the design of defense missions. Can hardly blame someone for wanting to use the shiny new thing.)

Honestly, why should someone else's warframe pick (Equinox, Jade, another Nova) make it so I am categorically incapable of doing the 1 thing I came to the squad to do (or if the option is open--without taking drastic measures like moving 80m to cast the ability)? Speedva's design was fine and cool back when there was less ways other people could screw it up for you, but these days she's less and less usable without a premade squad. I'll take a tap to slow / hold to speed any day now...

As for if speeding up scaled more with strength... it would be fine if it hard capped at what's possible right now, or even a little less than that. As long as it would then be reliable.

• Like 1

Could be a really nice QoL yeah. Like how Hunter Adrenaline/ Rage got changed to make team Overguard not annoying.

The only "issue" with that change imo, is that Power Strength still wouldn't be that relevant for Nova,, you're already getting a lot of damage through weapon scaling. So that would imply that DE would need to do more changes than just a tap/ hold function on Mollecular Prime.

• Like 1