Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Game Freeze When Shattering Max Cold Stack Enemies with Gara Splinter Storm

While running a solo netracells mission, I started noticing a consistent and repeatable temporary game freeze whenever killing fully frozen enemies using Gara's splinter storm damage aura. This freeze seemed to happen every time a murmur enemy died from my splinter storm aura while fully frozen from maximum cold status stacks.

Quick and dirty video: 

The first freeze (a stutter, really) is at 0:09. The main freeze is at 0:14, and lasts until 0:23.

My build (for specific mod loadouts, see: https://imgur.com/a/build-during-wf-game-freeze-HJQQetf):

Warframe: Standard Gara Prime Splinter Storm Build

Primary: 53.9% Magnetic Tenet Glaxion (Rad+Cold+Mag+Corr) using Galv Aptitude, Photonic Overcharge, Shivering Contagion, and Primary Frostbite

Secondary: Furis Incarnon (Rad+Heat) with Cascadia Flare

Melee: Ceramic Dagger Incarnon (Melee Exposure Stat Stick)

Sentinel: Nautilus with Cordon, Manifold Bond, and Momentous Bond (no Contagious Bond)

Sentinel Weapon: Helstrum (Cold+Gas)

On 2024-06-23 at 6:15 PM, SalinValu said:

While running a solo netracells mission, I started noticing a consistent and repeatable temporary game freeze whenever killing fully frozen enemies using Gara's splinter storm damage aura. This freeze seemed to happen every time a murmur enemy died from my splinter storm aura while fully frozen from maximum cold status stacks.

Hi SalinValu, thanks for bringing this to our attention! I can confirm that we have experienced some issues with performance while following the steps you provided, however, we're having some trouble getting this to happen consistently, so we just have a few questions.

1. Do you experience these freezes in other missions? (e.g. not Entrati Labs)
2. Do you find this happens more often with a specific enemy?
3. Can these freezes be reproduced in the Simulacrum?

We'll continue to try to narrow this down on our end, but any additional information you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I just saw this reply. I have not noticed it consistently in other missions. I have another netracell run left this week, so I will try to reproduce it there. I will also give it a shot to reproduce it in the simulacrum.

I think it primarily occurred with Rogue Culverins, but it was generally triggering when I dodged through a group of frozen enemies.