Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Introducing Safety Features for Inventory Management in Warframe

andy31337

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last used the forums, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

Today, I accidentally sold my Volt Prime. 😭 While browsing through my inventory, I selected him by mistake while trying to determine my next upgrade via Helminth. Then, I switched to the weapons section to sell some unneeded items for grinding. After a while, I confirmed the sale without realizing Volt Prime was still selected! I had assumed that switching tabs wouldn't carry over my selection to the next section. I know I made a mistake by not filtering the list before confirming the sale.

It is what it is. 😅

Update: I contacted support, and they restored Volt Prime for me. Thank you, support team!

I have a couple of suggestions that might help prevent situations like mine:

1. Restore Option: It would be helpful to have an option to restore accidentally sold items, perhaps limited to a certain number of times per month or year. This feature could be beneficial for cases like mine or for those who sell maxed weapons and later decide they want them back.

2. Item Locking: Given that Warframe involves looting and obtaining rare items, it would be great to have a feature to lock items that you don’t want to sell. This way, you can ensure that important items are protected until you double-confirm—once to unlock the item and again to sell or trade it.

We all lose focus and make mistakes sometimes, especially during long gaming sessions. I hope these suggestions are considered for future updates to enhance the gaming experience and protect valuable inventory items.

Thank you for reading, and I apologize if anything was unclear.

Best regards,

Andy

Edited by andy31337
Update
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, andy31337 said:

1. Restore Option: It would be helpful to have an option to restore accidentally sold items, perhaps limited to a certain number of times per month or year. This feature could be beneficial for cases like mine or for those who sell maxed weapons and later decide they want them back.

Prone to abuse and celebrating lack of attention.

Item Locking: Given that Warframe involves looting and obtaining rare items, it would be great to have a feature to lock items that you don’t want to sell. This way, you can ensure that important items are protected until you double-confirm—once to unlock the item and again to sell or trade it.

Much better option but unlikely.

The UI shows clearly what you have selected in top right. You can even click on it to quickly deselect it. Just pay more attention.

Then, I switched to the weapons section to sell some unneeded items for grinding.

Like which? 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, andy31337 said:

We all lose focus and make mistakes sometimes

We do. But then we do not do risky things after. If we were to learn from the mistakes, they need to have conseqeuences.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:
5 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Prone to abuse and celebrating lack of attention.

Explain?

This option already exists, but it hidden and requires involvement of support team. Making it visible and indie from support team, may make certain people willing to "play" with it. To the point where duplicating these items becomes possible.

Edited by Zakkhar

2 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

This option already exists, but it hidden and requires involvement of support team. Making it visible and indie from support team, may make certain people willing to to "play" with it. To the point where duplicating these items becomes possible.

So it isn’t visible without support input, so how again let me go very slowly how can the “player” abuse this?? 

a very simple fix would be something similar to helminth, ie before you commit it tells you thr frame you are committing then you have to type “confirm” this could be implemented easily for accidental selling of gear.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:
7 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

This option already exists, but it hidden and requires involvement of support team. Making it visible and indie from support team, may make certain people willing to to "play" with it. To the point where duplicating these items becomes possible.

So it isn’t visible without support input, so how again let me go very slowly how can the “player” abuse this??

Just for laughs deleting and restoring items. That is abuse already.

For exploiting purposes. Just because you cannot do or comprehend something, doesnt mean it is not possible to do.

Removing it from controlled state is first step towards it.

Spoiler

Re below: I just waited for the ad personam argument and did not have to wait long.

Edited by Zakkhar

Just now, Zakkhar said:

Just for laughs deleting and restoring items. That is abuse already.

For exploiting purposes. Just because you cannot do or comprehend something, doesnt mean it is not possible to do.

Removing it from controlled state is first step towards it.

Bro get a grip loooool, nobody deletes items they don’t want to on purpose “maybe you do being slow” is possible 

8 minutes ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

nobody deletes items they don’t want to on purpose

Nobody does it now. When they have to ask support to restore them. Imagine what goes after you wont have to ask.

Also commas. They are helpful. I misunderstood that statement of yours because of no comma before "on purpose".

But keep that ad personam coming, I am sure it will help me read your stuff more diligently.

Edited by Zakkhar

3 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Man, I thought that is exactly what people do. Like OP did.

Ye clearly said they did it on “purpose” didn’t  they lol (no they didn’t btw) reading isn’t hard amigo, get that comprehension up omg

1 hour ago, andy31337 said:

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last used the forums, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes.

Today, I accidentally sold my Volt Prime. 😭 While browsing through my inventory, I selected him by mistake while trying to determine my next upgrade via Helminth. Then, I switched to the weapons section to sell some unneeded items for grinding. After a while, I confirmed the sale without realizing Volt Prime was still selected! I had assumed that switching tabs wouldn't carry over my selection to the next section. I know I made a mistake by not filtering the list before confirming the sale.

It is what it is. 😅

2. Item Locking: Given that Warframe involves looting and obtaining rare items, it would be great to have a feature to lock items that you don’t want to sell. This way, you can ensure that important items are protected until you double-confirm—once to unlock the item and again to sell or trade it.

We all lose focus and make mistakes sometimes, especially during long gaming sessions. I hope these suggestions are considered for future updates to enhance the gaming experience and protect valuable inventory items.

Thank you for reading, and I apologize if anything was unclear.

Best regards,

Andy

Anyway op if you message support, make a support ticket in cases of items being sold accidentally  support have restored items before, hopefully you get your volt p back and be careful next time.

https://support.warframe.com/hc/en-us

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Nobody does it now. When they have to ask support to restore them. Imagine what goes after you wont have to ask.

Also commas. They are helpful. I misunderstood that statement of yours because of no comma before "on purpose".

But keep that ad personam coming, I am sure it will help me read your stuff more diligently.

Also commas, they are helpful, it’s not overly hard fixed your sentence bot:)

Hey guys, thanks for being interactive here.

I understand some people might abuse the method, but there could be restrictions like allowing only three restores per year or two items in the last three months, and so on. I don't think it would be an issue with proper limits.

I didn't know that support might restore items, so I posted a ticket hoping they can get my Volt Prime back. 😀

"A very simple fix would be something similar to the Helminth system, where before you commit, it tells you the frame you are committing, and you have to type 'confirm.' This could be easily implemented for accidental selling of gear."

Also, what FrDiabloFr suggested is really good: they can just require users to type 'Confirm' while selling things.

By the way, I'm not just talking about my case; I'm thinking of future cases and many players. I understand it was my fault for not focusing, but a little reminder in any form would be great to prevent selling important items from the weapons section.

Thank you guys for posting here. Have a good day.

Many games allow you to "favorite" items, which blocks them from being scrapped or sold. 

I'd be in favour of that being implemented here. 

Also I'd like a confirm prompt for getting rid of a prime even if the favorite wasn't set.