Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elemental Mods... Let Us Put More Than One On!

Achronus

Ok, let me explain that some.

The current system looks at the order a dmg type shows up and assembles the dmg based on that key.

Ex. if I put on a Ice storm (pistol mod) a Fire mod a Deep freeze mod and an electrical dmg mod I get:

Blast plus electrical. The second freeze mod was rolled into the first on assembly.

But, What if that is not what I wanted?

What if I really wanted:

Blast Plus Magnetic?

It should be pretty easy to implement a system where the same elements are only 'rolled together' if they are consecutive in the elemental assembly system.

Looking at the combined element types I see no major conflicts with for example:

Ice+Heat+ice = Blast + Cold

So you have cryo blast ammo; who said that the blast was a result of a bomb. It could very well be a blast of liquid Helium that is hitting the target.

Please do not mis-understand me. I don't mean allow multiple instances of the same card of every type on a weapon (I can easily imagine the abuse that 8 Serration mods would be)

I mean allow the use of more than one ELEMENTAL mod.

Further, I don't think that unlimited numbers of elemental mods is a good idea either.

Currently if MAXED there are 5 independant mods for (some) elemental dmg on pistol and melee. (I am including Dual stat mods in that) and 4 for Rifles (not counting the Bow only Thunderbolt).

I propose a system where there are allowed 5 elemental dmg mods (Dual stat mods would be "only one allowed" AND count against that 5 max). Then we could mix and match to our stat happy content.

Their are already 4 elemental mods for Rifles (each to 75% bonus).

If we are limited in number of mods, But not type!

This gives us players ULTIMATE control over what type of dmg we apply; but prevents the obvious: Serration, Heavy Caliber, + 6 elemental mods.

Hmmm...

Certainly something I had not thought of.

Even if the current (only one of each) system was kept I would certainly like the alternative sorting algorithm.

Would give some serious teeth to those elemental dmg weapons.

But I wouldn't think enough to eclipse more traditional damage weapons.