Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions about some particular aspect regarding Cross-save (upcoming platform tied exclusive, Steam trade item, promocode)

Posted (edited)

Edit

I've seen my post has been deported to the "Feedback" sub-forum, but this is a call for some general informations regarding specifities about Cross-Save function and behavior, not criticism or informations sharing to improve anything.

Will there really be more chance for me to get an answer in this section ? 

I'm not in a rush for an immediate answer, as I still have some things left to do before doing the cross-save, but considering this (unanticipated) redirection, should I not receive answer by next month, I'll repost it back to "General discussion" where it should logically belong (or maybe "Player helping player" section, since it could be appropriate too).

Hello, fellow Tenno.

This will be a very long post, but I do hope some would read it and enlighten me.

I know a lot of question were asked about this Cross-save thing, but I would like to confirm some information about it before doing anything. Some I haven't really seen while searching in the net.

There will be no question about Tennogen, Playstation exclusives content or founder pack (Excalibur prime) content, their restrictions were written crystal clear in the main page of the cross-save explanation.

Also, I do hope that the people who will be answering are people who eventually tried to do what I will be explaining (since I may have one and only chance at this. I do not want to waste it because of incorrect informations)

So, here's the thing :

a) Initial situation

1st and foremost, I want to specify that I only own a Xbox warframe account currently, which was created when Trinity Prime was the Prime access of the moment years ago.

I do not own any account on any other platform, but I do own a Switch and a PC gaming that should be able to run warframe.

If I understood well the description, that mean I only can override any fresh account I would create on my PC or my Switch with my Xbox account through the linking process, since thoses on Switch and PC would be created way after the 24th November limit ; However, I should be able to fuse to my Xbox account any account that was created before the limit.

That's not the main concern here, I think I got this part pretty clear, but just in case, feel free to correct me if I did a mistake somewhere.

I also indicate that for the time being, I plan to only use my multi-platform account on Xbox to actually play the game, even after the merge.

Now the basics informations are listed, I'll go to the real 1st topic.

b) (Upcoming) platform exclusive content

So, you probably see it coming : I'm mostly thinking about stuff like the Opal Switch exclusive content. This one will be my example.

Through my search, I've seen some people reporting about disapperance of some plaform exclusive while switching from one to another with their multi-platform account, even though some other said they had no trouble.

The exceptions stated earlier aside, I'd want to be sure about how this gonna work :

Let's say that first, I create a Switch account, then override it with my Xbox account to create my multi-platform acccount on both console.

Then I log in on Switch during the Switch launch anniversary celebration and obtain, for example, the Opal color palette.

Considering I already have the Xbox exclusive Jade color palette and since the main page stated that only PlayStation have some restrictions about thoses content :

- B1) Will the Jade palette be available automatically when I log in on Switch ?

- B2) Will the Opal palette be unlocked and available to select when I'll log back to my Xbox after obtaining it ?

- B3) If the answer to those question is No, does this mean we can officially consider the so-called "only Playstation have restriction about exclusive platform content" is a misinformation from DE ? (and again, this does not include Founder pack content or Tennogen ; only Jade, Opal, Rubedo-plated, Phased, ... content and such)

I want to ask because I want to be sure if I can obtain all current Opal exclusive back on Xbox after merge, but also to ensure that the ones that will be offered later, as more launch anniversaries will be held, are gonna be unlocked on my Xbox.

c) Steam trade items

Next, I'd like to have an understanding about how thoses special Steam tradable content interact with multi-plaforms account

Again, let's assume I create a Steam account that I will override with the Xbox account to create my multi-platform account on both Xbox and Steam.

Then, I plan to obtain, for example, the Yamako Rubedo-plated Syandana through this Steam trading system.

- C1) From this point, will the Yamako Rubedo-plated or any other Steam tradable content be available and sent on a multi-plaform account extended to Steam?

- C2) If the answer to the previous question is Yes, will it be unlocked and available to select when I log back on my Xbox ?

I've read a few posts on some forums that stated thoses Steam specific contents were showed on Steam, but went missing whenever thoses peoples logged in on Xbox or Switch.

So since the restrictions are said by the Devs in charge of creating the main page about Cross-saving that only Playstation, founder pack and Tennogen content have restriction where they will not be shown, and since others approved that statement, I'd want a definitive answer about this very subject to identify the right from the wrong.

(Just like the point B3, but since this content have a price and another acquisition method compared to Opal and such, I'd rather double-check)

d) Promo codes

My last question is regarding the promotionnal codes, since a lot of them are PC only and since a PC account serve as anchor to create a multi-platform account.

This one is pretty straight :

- D) If I submit them with my multi-platform account active on my PC version of Warframe, are contents from PC promotionnal code be transfered to my Xbox when I log back on it ?

Following the answers to thoses questions, I shall be able to identify what will be the moves I need to make to ensure I can have access to everything I can have.

Thanks for reading  through all this, and I hope someone will have the answer I'd need.

Afr Geo Blaze (Xbox)

Edited by (XBOX)Afr Geo Blaze
redirection feeling inadapted