Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corpus Area-Effect Weapon

LazerusKI

Something that i have just noticed...the corpus have nothing that can deliver a big punch.

Grineer have the Flameblast, Rockets, Flamethrowers...

Infested have Chargers, Toxics, Ancients...

and Corpus? I dont know, they have mostly single-target weapons with a high RoF.

Sure, they can hurt, also there are Snipers and railguns...but as i said, nothing that delivers a realy big punch like the Grineer

So, what about another Corpus-Elite that has a big Plasma-Cannon equipped instead of a Supra or Flux?

A weapon that shares the charge mechanic of the Ogris, but instead of a rocket, it shoots a lobbed plasmaball that explodes with Electric Damage.

The design could be like the Supra, the glowing sides would fit.

instead of 3 barrels, it would have just one big outlet, also some glowing tubes with liquid inside (like Acrid)

Maybe the introduction could be combined with an event, where you can unlock the weapon at the end (if it fails, we get only the clan-research)

The event could be split into multiple parts

1) Beginning - The new Enemy is immortal, his shield is far too strong to punch through, you have to avoid them and escape.

2) Analyze - Starts after a few missions, you start to research the enemy, scan them with your scanner, collect data through spy and capture missions. After this part you can destroy them.

3) Defeat - Defense and Mobile Defense, destroy the Main-Facility, if you win, you can steal the weapon, if not, you need to research the function of this weapon in your lab.

Edited by LazerusKI

Problem is that corpus only has laser and electric weapons, though I guess they could have some AoE that uses electricity, like a tesla coil grenade or something

Lanka is basically a Plasma Rifle,

Dera is a Plasma-Burst Rifle,

Supra says it is laser, but like Dera it is more like a Plasma-Burst,

Flux is either a Laser or a Plasma beam (it has traveltime, so a laser would not fit).

So...why not? wouldnt it fit for them, to have a charged plasma-cannon that explodes on impact because of critical mass or something like that? it wouldnt need to "explode" like a rocket or grenade, just area-electric like you can deal with the Amphis or Obex

Edited by LazerusKI

No a ball of plasma makes sense, could contain some superheated material in a magnetic field and fire it towards something, when it hits something the magnetic field destabilizes and releases the plasma, I'll admit I didn't read your post before responding.

The gun could be pretty cool looking, bowl shaped impression on the front with rotating rings/similar mechanical stuff whirring around a ball that forms inside and is released when fired, size of ball and range + dmg output would depend on how long it's charged.

Edited by KriLL3

The gun could be pretty cool looking, bowl shaped impression on the front with rotating rings/similar mechanical stuff whirring around a ball that forms inside and is released when fired, size of ball and range + dmg output would depend on how long it's charged.

basically like an opened version of Samus Arans Plasmagun? To see how the ball gets bigger and bigger would be very cool.

I like the idea of the "longer charge = bigger ball", sounds interesting